So Sony is about to be back to back World War Champs? #3Peat

Daps
Because them shyts ain’t selling. Just like we been saying.
If Phil wanted to make console sales not matter, he needed a better plan because Game Pass was always growth limited without being on at least Sony devices. A smarter person would have guessed that Xbox/PC audience wasn't big enough to reach the aggressive growth for GP subs that Phil was targeting. Honestly, being on Sony devices might not have been enough, either. Maybe if they were on Sony and Nintendo devices along with their own and PC (or if GP was priced significantly higher than it already was, or if AAA games were time-delayed to come to GP instead of day-and-date, etc.).

Phil also fukked up by going too big with his purchases. If he gets Satya to sign off on a Square-Enix purchase that's around the size of the Bethesda purchase instead of that huge ABK purchase, maybe the dollars aren't so big that the FTC doesn't get involved and the Microsoft CFO doesn't look so closely at the numbers that everyone above Phil decides that it's stupid to try to long-term force Sony to accept Game Pass by holding back IP that used to be third-party published and just go with the easy money of publishing everywhere immediately instead.

I think it was winb who told me that Spencer was obviously not as bad for Xbox as Mattrick a few weeks back, but I think it's obvious now that Phil misplayed his plan at every turn. The plan itself isn't bad, but he went about it in the dumbest way possible.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t understand the narrative where cats feel like Nintendo isn’t competing with Ps and Xbox. When that new console drops nikkas will be lined up to cop

Realistically it’s because the switch and ps5 can both sell 130-150m consoles in the same generation, where as xbox and playstation can’t. For one to thrive the other has to fail

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Xbox 360 was an amazing console (when it didn't have that ring of death bullshyt). It's crazy to see the fall off since then.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sega dismantled itself.

Bernie Stolar was so bad at running Sega of America that he got called out by Del tha Funkee Homosapien in "Proto Culture."

All the half-measures at moving to 32-bit consoles with the 32X and Sega CD that no one wanted and had no killer apps.

The Saturn being bad at polygonal rendering compared to PSOne.

The surprise Saturn launch that pissed off retailers.

We had something for a minute with the Genesis in about 1992-1994 though, my fellow old Sega brehs. :francis:
This had nothing to do with sega of America. Sega of Japan was the real problem because they didn't share future plans with soa. They treated SOA like competition.

Daps
This had nothing to do with sega of America. Sega of Japan was the real problem because they didn't share future plans with soa. They treated SOA like competition.
SoA was a failed concern once Tom Kalinske left and deserves blame for itself, but yes, Sega of Japan was behind the iterations leading up to the Saturn and the failure to see the future of 3D gaming.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Dismantled Sega
Sent Nintedo to the Neatherrealms
Microsoft looking like they bought to bow out.

All I can say is :wow:
Nintendo sales are lapping Sony sales :what:

Palworld (not on PeasantStation) biggest release this console cycle, at 20 million sales in 1 month :umad:

Has Spider Man 2 even broke 10 million sales yet :flabbynsick:

Sony Stans, where delusion is mandatory

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I dunno why people are cheering for a monopoly.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
3 peat?

kobe2_LP949571_MG66586728.jpg