So people really asking/begging for money for whatever using gofundme/kickstarter/crowdfunding now?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
https://money.usnews.com/money/blog...ickstarter-campaigns-that-actually-got-funded

1. Grilled Cheezus

Grilled Cheezus is an electric sandwich or panini press that toasts the face of Jesus onto your bread. The project exceeded its $25,000 goal by a modest $604, which wasn't enough to reach any stretch goals (stretch goals are additional features project creators will often add to encourage more funding), but if backers who forked over $35 and up for the toaster choose the right cheese, their sandwiches will be plenty stretchy already.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
truth catching up like :mjgrin:

steeplechase-o.gif

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Exactly OP, I'd rather tighten my belt than beg for help. Especially from strangers. I've had family and friends help when my situation was particularly dire, but aside from that 95% of the time I ground it out. Donated plasma, daily labor, soup kitchens to carryon. Pulling your self out builds character, makes you appreciate your earnings more, and improves your fiscal responsibility when you get back on track.

People constantly getting bailed out of their "crises" never learn personal responsibility. They have no control over their own lives, theyre fukked.

Couldn't fathom begging for these other frivolous reasons. shyt, I'd feel some kinda way just working for tips:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
At first...I could understand when a couple of people were in need of life
saving organ transplants or needed help with medical bills.

Then the demands became....less understandable. (potato salad)

Now pretty much I see people begging for money online...help me pay my rent. Help me go to Hawaii on some fake spiritual journey. I want a party....give me money.

Let me tell you something.

Even when I was fukking HOMELESS...sleeping in my car last year and us8ng BK and McD's internet to find work with my laptop or smartphone...I NEVER once thought about begging ANYBODY online for money. (mainly cause I firmly believe crowdfunding sites only work for white people....I never see any black person on any of those sites reach their money goals.)

But I guess this is the thing now...

whatever happen3d to working hard and making money?

When we were crowdfunding for the webseries I created we raised about $1,600 (of a 2k goal) we didn't hit the goal but the money we DID raise (some Coli members even chipped in) helped us complete the first season.

So I wouldn't say it doesn't "work" for black people it just depends on WHY you are raising money and how you raise awareness

Mason83

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: Look at this priveliged, mentally ill, hypocritical loser @Sagat . I used to fukk with you but your too much of a snake