So not used to winning anything they changing season thread titles? Celtics @Knicks 10/20

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Knicks fans :mjlol:

I was pretty happy with the looks Tatum was getting in regulation, he just wasn’t hitting them. In the overtime periods he started forcing it more, part of it was good defense and another was him resorting back to hero ball trying to get his workout moves off.

If Knick fans want to delude themselves into thinking his poor shooting night was strictly and entirely RJ Barrett then that’s cool. We got at minimum 3 more games against them this season, we’ll see what the security on that “penitentiary” looks like :skip:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I was pretty happy with the looks Tatum was getting in regulation, he just wasn’t hitting them. In the overtime periods he started forcing it more, part of it was good defense and another was him resorting back to hero ball trying to get his workout moves off.

If Knick fans want to delude themselves into thinking his poor shooting night was strictly and entirely RJ Barrett then that’s cool. We got at minimum 3 more games against them this season, we’ll see what the security on that “penitentiary” looks like :skip:

Exactly. The same RJ Barrett that was dislodged in the air by Jaylen Brown whenever he drove to the basket :skip:

Jayson is bigger and taller than Jaylen, but instead chose to make off balance fadeaway shots. But yeah, that was all RJ :skip:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. The same RJ Barrett that was dislodged in the air by Jaylen Brown whenever he drove to the basket :skip:

Jayson is bigger and taller than Jaylen, but instead chose to make off balance fadeaway shots. But yeah, that was all RJ :skip:

Tatum's open shots often saw him waiting for his defender to close before shooting. I don't know why he was slow with it, but, it should be fixed during the season.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Of course his poor shooting night isn't solely on RJ Barrett. Tatum when he's on can score even against great defense. But you can't just chalk up 7/30 to a bad shooting night. Not for a scorer as elite as Tatum, if majority of those are open then he's not shooting sub-25% from the field. He's too good for that.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course his poor shooting night isn't solely on RJ Barrett. Tatum when he's on can score even against great defense. But you can't just chalk up 7/30 to a bad shooting night. Not for a scorer as elite as Tatum, if majority of those are open then he's not shooting sub-25% from the field. He's too good for that.

I never said the majority of his shots were wide open. I said I felt his attempts in regulation were mostly good looks, meaning they weren’t bad shots.

Considering Tatum was missing when open, when against RJ, against Toppin, against Randle, then yes I don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to conclude that he was having an off night. Anybody that watches the Celtics knows that he’s good for 5-20, 4-17, 8-25, 1-18 type performances during the season where he’s missing everything.

And like I said, there’s at least 3 more games between these two teams this season. So if it wasn’t an off night and just him getting clamped then they should have no issue doing it again :hubie:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I never said the majority of his shots were wide open. I said I felt his attempts in regulation were mostly good looks, meaning they weren’t bad shots.

Considering Tatum was missing when open, when against RJ, against Toppin, against Randle, then yes I don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to conclude that he was having an off night. Anybody that watches the Celtics knows that he’s good for 5-20, 4-17, 8-25, 1-18 type performances during the season where he’s missing everything.

And like I said, there’s at least 3 more games between these two teams this season. So if it wasn’t an off night and just him getting clamped then they should have no issue doing it again :hubie:

Tatum shot below 30% from the field all of 5 times in 64 games last season and the most attempts he had in those games were 20. Year before that, he did it 6 times in 66 games with 18 FGA's as the most. He has bad shooting nights like any other player, but they're rare and none come close to 30 attempts. That's not just a typical bad night.

Tatum did have an off night, but RJ also defended him really well. Both these things can be true at once. Matter of fact, RJ defended everyone well. He defended 27 attempts and his opponents went 5/27 (18% from the field). He had a great defensive game point blank. Link below to the defensive stats from NBA.com
RJ Barrett

I don't expect him to hold Tatum like that in the next rounds, but I also don't expect Brown to drop close to 46 points on 53% shooting. So I'm hoping the trade-off breaks even or better. We'll see in time though, I think this can be a legit rivalry. The C's are built to give NY's style fits but Randle is also really well built to break switching schemes.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tatum shot below 30% from the field all of 5 times in 64 games last season and the most attempts he had in those games were 20. Year before that, he did it 6 times in 66 games with 18 FGA's as the most. He has bad shooting nights like any other player, but they're rare and none come close to 30 attempts. That's not just a typical bad night.

Tatum did have an off night, but RJ also defended him really well. Both these things can be true at once. Matter of fact, RJ defended everyone well. He defended 27 attempts and his opponents went 5/27 (18% from the field). He had a great defensive game point blank. Link below to the defensive stats from NBA.com
RJ Barrett

I don't expect him to hold Tatum like that in the next rounds, but I also don't expect Brown to drop close to 46 points on 53% shooting. So I'm hoping the trade-off breaks even or better. We'll see in time though, I think this can be a legit rivalry. The C's are built to give NY's style fits but Randle is also really well built to break switching schemes.

How many of those games went to double OT? Tatum only had 22 attempts in regulation. I’m sure if those games had an extra 10 minutes those attempt numbers would’ve been higher.

I’m not arguing that RJ had bad game defensively. I’m saying that RJ Barrett’s defense is not the reason Tatum shot 7-30. He was throwing up bricks all night regardless of who was on him and when he was open.

As far as the JB stuff, that can go many ways. You can say the same about Fournier & Toppin having some of the best games of their career, or question whether Randle would’ve gotten off to the start he did if that was Horford out there instead of Grant Williams. There’s at least 3 more games between these teams so in time we’ll see what was just an on/off night or what wasn’t.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Oh Knickstape! Where are you??

rick-james-come-here.gif

@ThaBronxBully
@Big Blue @Daniel.
@NY's #1 Draft Pick
@dave @Miles Davis @storyteller @Wargames @RickyGQ @ISO @Cory MBA @The War Report @Frump @23barretcity @N.Y. State of Mind @ProlificLurker @Youhadasparkwhenustarted @ikbm @Ironman @radio rahiem @JMurder @Derek Lee @ExodusNirvana @obarth @ogc163 @A.V. @Kitsch @Playa_Wit_A_Passport @No_bammer_weed @Esco @GhostoftheMan @BAMBA @mbewane @Danie84 @seemorecizzy @Henryflo1 @qnsfinest @Illuminatos @K-Deini @A-Train @Rev @KnickstapeCity @Carolina Slim @nyknick @Piffiztheanswer @talkofnewyork @tru_m.a.c @Typical Knicks Fan @Raw Lyrics @mvp_status @TOAD99 @Ty-Fife @WaveMolecules @Stop_It_5 @UnKasasGlasses @kurt @okgoodnotgreat @Shogun @YaBoy @K-ZOE @qnsfinest @Serious @neph27 @FishNGrits @Tim Dripcan @No..Money..Mo..Problems @OsO @SithLawd @The Fukin Prophecy @pimpineasy @Crown Bearer @SAJ!! @PIFF101 @Harleminthe80s

@El Jefe
@Knicksman20
@Hawaiian Punch
We here :demonic: