So nobody cares that the Supreme Court stealth killed the voting rights act?

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
more outraged at the amount of people that don't vote than any BS law trying to stop me. it's your responsibility AND your right to do what is needed to vote.

but :snoop: at anyone trying to make this extremely easy process any harder.

edit - plus don't they rig elections in this country anyway? who cares what they do to voting laws.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop the ignorance.

For those saying ID is required for everything, think about what its required for. Its required for voluntary things, not rights. You don't have to have a state ID to be a US citizen. The government, whether state, local or whatever has the burden of proving you are eligible to vote. The states like Texas that passed their voter ID act today are basically creating a poll tax. That's what the voting rights act was created to stop. Normally the fed would say, if you want voters to prove who they are, then you need to provide equal access to the IDs. Now states don't have to get anything approved. If they want $90 voting fee, and their state oks it, then that's just the rule. That scenario is unlikely, but even if the ID is $1 or a person has to go somewhere to get it, then it ceases voting to be a right or for there to be equal access to it. Remember that everyone is not like you. There are millions out there who are sick and homebound, elderly and homebound, disabled, blind, deaf, whatever who are immediately affected. Bust just think, all kinds of things can be done now to make it hard for anyone. Scary, scary, scary.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
:merchant:

Thank goodness I don't live in the south
mysmilie_4772.gif

Pennsylvania isn't a southern state and they were pushing hard for those voter id laws.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
:shaq2:

Everything We Do In This Nation Requires A Form Of I.D. Of Some Sort Including Getting Governmental Assistance. shyt Even The Club Requires I.D. And Now You Telling Me It Shouldnt Be Requirement In Voting.

Do you know how hard it is for a poor person, who's never been licensed to get the documentation they need to even get a photo ID?

Imagine a person in a rural area who cannot get their birth certificate trying to get a photo ID from Motor Vehicles with ALL the documentation now needed since illegal immigrants been trying to get licensed?

A person who's poor in their 50s/60s could EASILY be in this situation.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
:shaq2:

Everything We Do In This Nation Requires A Form Of I.D. Of Some Sort Including Getting Governmental Assistance. shyt Even The Club Requires I.D. And Now You Telling Me It Shouldnt Be Requirement In Voting.

the best breakdown of it is in the NYTs...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...reme-court-decision-on-voting-rights-act.html

Section 4 was ruled unconstitutional...Section 2 which protects minorities was upheld. Pretty much the Justices ruled that section 4 was irrelevent in this day and age given a change of the times. Here's an excerpt...

Chief Justice Roberts closes his opinion by explaining what the decision does not do. It does not overturn the Voting Rights Act's ban on discriminatory voting rules. Furthermore, it does not directly affect the preclearance requirement in Section 5, which leaves Congress the opportunity to draft new rules -- based on current conditions -- to determine which states or local governments should be subject to preclearance. The decision allows those affected by voting rule changes to sue under Section 2 of the act, but that is a longer and more expensive process that places the burden of proof on those challenging the changes

Overall I never bought the left-wing siren blaring, hand ringing idea that ID requirements to vote was ever "racist" or classcist in any sense. It's just a ridiculous argument, and I don't think any comprehensive study has been known to support that.

On th flip side the right-wing claim of "voter fraud" hasn't been proven either. And they've lost quite a few cases in court claiming so.

Daps
Stop the ignorance.

For those saying ID is required for everything, think about what its required for. Its required for voluntary things, not rights. You don't have to have a state I'D to be a US citizen. The government, whether state, local or whatever has the burden of proving you are eligible to vote. The states like Texas that passed their voter ID act today are basically creating a poll tax. That's what the voting rights act was created to stop. Normally the fed would say, if you want voters to prove who they are, then you need to provide equal access to the IDs. Now states don't have to get anything approved. If they want $90 voting fee, and their state oks it, then that's just the rule. That scenario is unlikely, but even if the ID is $1 or a person has to go somewhere to get it, then it ceases voting to be a right or for there to be equal access to it. Remember that everyone is not like you. There are millions out there who are sick and homebound, elderly and homebound, disabled, blind, deaf, whatever who are immediately affected. Bust just think, all kinds of things can be done now to make it hard for anyone. Scary, scary, scary.

You don't need an ID to buy a gun? :dwillhuh:

I've never met a grown adult, no matter how poor without an ID.

The way we vote today is archaic. My mother passed away before Obama was elected, yet her name remained on the list for both of his elections. All they do in my jurisdiction is cross your name off a list. (given your address) I could've voted 15 times that day :beli

They also need to come up with some way for me to vote online.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
You don't need an ID to buy a gun? :dwillhuh:

I've never met a grown adult, no matter how poor without an ID.

The way we vote today is archaic. My mother passed away before Obama was elected, yet her name remained on the list for both of his elections. All they do in my jurisdiction is cross your name off a list. (given your address) I could've voted 15 times that day :beli

They also need to come up with some way for me to vote online.

THE ID ISN'T THE PROBLEM. IT'S THE FACT THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO NOT HAVE AN ID. THAT'S HOW THEY EASE shyt LIKE THIS BY PEOPLE. LET'S SAY THEY INCREASE THE REQUIREMENTS TO GET AN ID OVER THE COURSE OF YEARS. NOW YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. TO BE HONEST STATE ID SHOULD BE FREE AND YOU SHOULD ONLY HAVE TO PAY TO REPLACE IT IF LOST. YOU SHOULD ONLY HAVE TO PAY FOR A DRIVER'S LICENSE.

Daps
THE ID ISN'T THE PROBLEM. IT'S THE FACT THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO NOT HAVE AN ID. THAT'S HOW THEY EASE shyt LIKE THIS BY PEOPLE. LET'S SAY THEY INCREASE THE REQUIREMENTS TO GET AN ID OVER THE COURSE OF YEARS. NOW YOU HAVE A PROBLEM. TO BE HONEST STATE ID SHOULD BE FREE AND YOU SHOULD ONLY HAVE TO PAY TO REPLACE IT IF LOST. YOU SHOULD ONLY HAVE TO PAY FOR A DRIVER'S LICENSE.

I kinda agree, except I think it's passports which should be free.

But nothing is free, we'd still be paying for it thru taxes.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
I kinda agree, except I think it's passports which should be free.

But nothing is free, we'd still be paying for it thru taxes.

BASICALLY I MEAN ONCE YOU ENTER HIGH SCHOOL THE STATE SHOULD ISSUE YOU ONE THAT DOUBLES AS A SCHOOL ID AND IN FOUR YEARS WHEN YOU GRADUATE YOU GET A REGULAR ID SINCE THEY LAST 4 YEARS ANYWAY.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think its fukked up, but the Supreme Court basically wanted Congress to fix it.

Either apply the standards to ALL states or come up with some different criteria.

The only problem is getting Congress TO DO SOMETHING.

The law has been used over 700 times since the 1980s though...this will be interesting to see where it goes.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
The same day many of the states restrained by it before are already gonna implement voter ID laws. I swear I just heard that in North Carolina they wanna push through a triple whammy and reduce early voting, get rid of Sunday voting, and same day voter registration. All those are clearly targeted at reducing the minority vote.

Elections rigged anyway, the only ones that matter are state and local. Yeah, it's fukked up, but it's not like our votes counted anyway. nikkas weren't voting anyway.