So nobody cares that the Supreme Court stealth killed the voting rights act?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The same day many of the states restrained by it before are already gonna implement voter ID laws. I swear I just heard that in North Carolina they wanna push through a triple whammy and reduce early voting, get rid of Sunday voting, and same day voter registration. All those are clearly targeted at reducing the minority vote.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
jaguars-fan-gif.gif

What does this mean exactly bruh? As long as blacks can still vote I'm good

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The same day many of the states restrained by it before are already gonna implement voter ID laws. I swear I just heard that in North Carolina they wanna push through a triple whammy and reduce early voting, get rid of Sunday voting, and same day voter registration. All those are clearly targeted at reducing the minority vote.

:belip:

keep your ass outta church and go do something tangible instead of talking to the clouds

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
jaguars-fan-gif.gif

What does this mean exactly bruh? As long as blacks can still vote I'm good
The southern states with a history of discrimination against minority voters can now change their policies for voting without the justice department first approving it. It basically means they can require ID for people who want to vote, they can shorten up early voting or eliminate it, same with Sunday voting and they can change the rules on when you can register to vote and be able to vote in the next election.

The Supreme Court said the criteria for judging what states the voter rights act applies to is obsolete and that congress will have to come up with new criteria. The democrats want to do it right now. The republicans aren't saying much meaning they want to do it never. In the meantime states that had to get changes to their voting rules preapproved before implementing them can do whatever they want.

Most of these states are red states and most of them are damn near breaking their necks to implement voter ID laws or worse.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
The southern states with a history of discrimination against minority voters can now change their policies for voting without the justice department first approving it. It basically means they can require ID for people who want to vote, they can shorten up early voting or eliminate it, same with Sunday voting and they can change the rules on when you can register to vote and be able to vote in the next election.

The Supreme Court said the criteria for judging what states the voter rights act applies to is obsolete and that congress will have to come up with new criteria. The democrats want to do it right now. The republicans aren't saying much meaning they want to do it never. In the meantime states that had to get changes to their voting rules preapproved before implementing them can do whatever they want.

Most of these states are red states and most of them are damn near breaking their necks to implement voter ID laws or worse.

:merchant:

Thank goodness I don't live in the south
mysmilie_4772.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Whats Wrong With Requiring Id To Vote.? :dahell:
It's a strategy used to cut down on poor minorities from voting. Many poor people don't have IDs or the documentation required to obtain ID. Think about it who is really gonna show up at your specific poling place claiming to be you so they can commit voter fraud?

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
It's a strategy used to cut down on poor minorities from voting. Many poor people don't have IDs or the documentation required to obtain ID. Think about it who is really gonna show up at your specific poling place claiming to be you so they can commit voter fraud?

:shaq2:

Everything We Do In This Nation Requires A Form Of I.D. Of Some Sort Including Getting Governmental Assistance. shyt Even The Club Requires I.D. And Now You Telling Me It Shouldnt Be Requirement In Voting.

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC

Everything We Do In This Nation Requires A Form Of I.D. Of Some Sort Including Getting Governmental Assistance. shyt Even The Club Requires I.D. And Now You Telling Me It Shouldnt Be Requirement In Voting.

we never had a problem with it before until minority voter turnout started increasing. See the relation now?

:george:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Why should it? Or at the very least if it is shouldn't the government be forced to provide free IDs for all?

All US citizens who aren't felons are eligible to vote not just the ones that can obtain IDs.

TallFrenchy

Paleo Girl
Daps
Reppin
North America

Please elaborate.