So my son got a LarryBox for Christmas..

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
and can you believe that shyt is still in the box unopened?? His aunt copped him that shyt and when my wife told me what she did I was like :hhh:. I’m not in the wars heavy like y’all are but it’s obvious to everyone what the better system is.

So on Christmas kids are up early and hype. My son opens his gifts and is hyped he got a beyblade and battlebots. My wife tries to pull the Christmas story bit and was like “is that another gift behind the couch?”. My son is like :ohhh:. Gets the box and opens it. No lie as soon as he saw the LarryBox his expression went from :gladbron: to
c67ee2c0a23d29b0cddcb94d0658c300ad186e099f5a0c40d9ec7d2e7fec51ca

My wife is like “isn’t that so exciting? It’s what you always wanted!”. Son is like

FD9eZJ.gif

Then he says “Aw man I wanted Wii U instead”. He just leaves to box unopened and goes back to playing with his beyblade. Then he spent the rest of the day playing little big planet 3 on his ps4. I’m hoping his aunt saved the receipt so we can return it and get cash back or store credit. Bottom line is if your system can’t get a 7 year old hype then there is something wrong with you.:ufdup:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Larry box...ruining kids Christmas nationwide

On my life I never seen my kid react with such disgust and indifference at a gift. It was like he got a giant lump of coal or some dogshyt. Even though I’m not a fan of the LarryBox I’m not about trying to influence my kids decisions in video games. Very shocking to see the reaction he had.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Man when I was younger I wanted every damn system I could play. I really don’t remember this console war shyt being that serious til last gen.

Or maybe shyt was just more simple back when :mjcry:
This thread is either fake or its an indictment on parenting. I say this because you teach your kids to be thankful right.

So the aunt isn't there, ok, dynamic changes then. As resident xbot guru I wouldn't recommend an Xbox one for a 7yr old. Comparing the Sexbox won with a kiddy switch is like not really comparing. Are we really saying a kid would want Nintendo over Xbox, this is news?

So if I were to go that route, what game did y'all get for him to be excited about or is a 7yr old supposed to know the library already? Lucky's super tale >>> Knack2. Seems like adult expectations was placed on a kid in this instance. So this story is really more about the lack of presentation. And lack of desire to engage with the child while they figure out what the Xbox is capable of :francis: