So mixer is the new wave?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This threads existence is proof that Xbox did a smart business move. Baby steps. Meanwhile, Mixer is still open for nikkas to take over.

DragonKnight

Banned
Daps
Shroud is mad nice though when it comes to FPS games. That's why people tune in.

And it doesn't matter if he viewership dips because he secured the bag and doesn't have to kill himself streaming all day. That's why Ninja left.
He’s great at games. But when it comes to entertainment he’s boring as fukk

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
He’s great at games. But when it comes to entertainment he’s boring as fukk

hes entertaining because hes insane at games.. a throw back to remind you why streaming got popular in the first place was to see people who could do shyt in games you cant do

hes at 70k views right now

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

they got shroud moving too

if Mixer drops a bag on Lirik, Summit, Timthetatman, Cloakzy or Tfue, xQc, LordKebun and like 2-3 other big streamers it would cause a serious rift in streaming world

Twitch made the common mistake of pushing the people already winning to further plateau (rich get richer, poor get poorer) instead of building a happy medium of balance (which is how twitch got popular in the first place years ago was they made it seem like anyone had a chance at making a living streaming).. they are real top heavy when it comes to views that majority of their viewers only watch just a handful of streamers even though millions stream

and now it looks like all it would take is a company like Microsoft to knock the foundation out from under them by paying the top streamers guaranteed money and less stressful schedule to knock Twitch entire infrastructure down

:wow: you hate to see it :wow:

edit: keep in mind Amazon bought twitch for a billion, Microsoft already owns Mixer, if they dropped a billion on top tier streamers to match Amazon, it would kill off Twitch while they control the advertising space of streams and probably make that billion back within 6 months :wow:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Eh. Same ones ogling over this said the same shyt in August and will repeat themselves again with the next one signed.

Doesn't matter who's watching right now, I would hope the numbers are good for the first stream. What will the numbers be 6 months from now because the first signing didn't even make it to two, they've lost market share since signing dude. He was already on his down prior but point is, if Fortnite can't bring people over Shroud ain't either.

Nice bag for streamers though, a lot more stable than panhandling from your room. Little to no risk for MS, if it still doesn't work out you can cut your losses saying you tried.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Thread title is jokes to me. Mixer isn't a wave and won't be at any point in the immediate future. Ninja ain't done shyt for them and shroud will do even less. Yeah individual big streamers are smart for taking the contract money, but viewers ain't moving over and the numbers show.

I really want to switch to Mixer tbh. I can't stand all the ads and clutter on Twitch with the shytty ass buffer causing the damn ads to repeat and you basically wait like 5 mins watching the same 25 second ad you can't skip. Twitch is just fukking slow as shyt for me. I watch some gamers on twitch, but mainly love the artists on there who stream their real time artwork and whatever.

if Mixer had a strong Art/Gaming section, that's all I need to shift.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
youtube videos are usually just vods of live streams :gucci: you are getting the worse of the experience :gucci:
Debatable. The Youtube vids are the highlights in a few minutes, opposed to hours of streaming.

The only thing that's worse is the interaction with the live chat from the stream.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
youtube videos are usually just vods of live streams :gucci: you are getting the worse of the experience :gucci:
I only watch for assistance with a part of a game I can't get past:dwillhuh:

So I'm not going to watch some 1 play a game and ruin the experience before I even play the game:gucci:

When I watch the yt video I'm only watching the part specifically for the part of the game I need help with

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I only watch for assistance with a part of a game I can't get past:dwillhuh:

So I'm not going to watch some 1 play a game and ruin the experience before I even play the game:gucci:

When I watch the yt video I'm only watching the part specifically for the part of the game I need help with

we are talking strictly competitive shyt like shooters not story games

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im hearing new news as far as the offer

Twitch offered $15-20 million for 3 years, in which Ninja declined because the offer was significantly lower than Mixer (Microsoft) offer

Mixer offer was bigger. (some speculating $40+ million )

Ninja has been the #1 streamer on twitch for 1 1/2 years in a row. His bad streams, pull in #'s that the #2-5 streamers ( Shroud, DrDisrespect, etc.) pull.

People joke about him being a "dead" streamer because he "only" does 40-60k viewers at a time (1 million views a day or so) because its a fall off from when he was pulling in 100-150k viewers at a time (2-3 million views a day)

also from what im seeing on this podcast is that Ninja isnt the only chess move mixer is making.. some speculating DrDisrespect is next

Also new chess piece move

Ninja originally got known on Halo.. they are saying Mixer (owned by Microsoft) can just give Ninja 1st access to the game and exclusive rights to stream the game to continue to build his platform while promoting Halo and bring viewers to Mixer

win/win for Ninja and Mixer

twitch better give Summit, Sodapoppin, Shroud a blank check :heh:
from a monopoly business stand point. **banderas**.

but i dont like monopolies so i really dont want that to be the case. But that boy Ninja is getting that italian pizza doe.