So Microsoft is worth 1.5 trillion and they make 120 million dollars A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I remember when the OG Xbox came out, I had a brother in law in IT that thought MS was gonna take over the industry
Throwing sacks of cash around
4 generations later and here we are :wow:

at times it feels its a forgotten department of Microsoft

I know its profitable but it doesnt seem to move the needle much if that makes sense. When was the last time Bill Gates big upped Xbox :dwillhuh: Would it hurt him to drop a 30 second promo :dwillhuh:

(yes I know Bill Gates is no longer extremely involved with Microsoft but he is still the face of the company)

or maybe it truly is an issue that people probably smarter than us have calculated that its just not something just throwing money at will get people to switch over (kind of like Samsung vs Apple)

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
at times it feels its a forgotten department of Microsoft

I know its profitable but it doesnt seem to move the needle much if that makes sense. When was the last time Bill Gates big upped Xbox :dwillhuh: Would it hurt him to drop a 30 second promo :dwillhuh:

(yes I know Bill Gates is no longer extremely involved with Microsoft but he is still the face of the company)

or maybe it truly is an issue that people probably smarter than us have calculated that its just not something just throwing money at will get people to switch over (kind of like Samsung vs Apple)

MS approaches videogames the same way they do Office & Windows
No soul.
Gamers are different.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
“.... Sony owns Michael Jackson’s entire catalogue and The Beatles’ entire catalogue!!! Thriller sold over 100 million coppies worldwide!!! :gladbron:

You nikkas sound pathetic :smh:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Microsoft on the low IS videogames.
NVidia isn't collaborating with Sony on how best to create a paradigm shift
like the RTX IO features. Microsoft is so much bigger than just video game consoles it's kinda
hard to understand how anyone can think they're even remotely close to Sony.

In the real world, Microsoft is the big fish who dictates where gaming technology
goes and what's actually utilized by developers because they control Direct X
and are directly in the GPU manufacturers ears.

Sony is cool but the landscape of gaming looks vastly different if Microsoft is never in it.

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I don't know how many times Ive said this in here but MS' business strategy is long term market adoption. This works extremely well in IT because when you get organizations locked into an ecosystem it's too expensive to get out of even if they wanted to - see their continued dominance in the desktop and office application space.

The problem for MS is that strategy does not work well in the video game industry. They have never been exceptional hardware manufacturers, the last to most iterations of surface hardware has been their best after 4 generations as an example, and video games have to ultimately make way for a new generation.

Their gaming division would see much more success if they dumped a great deal of resources into an MMO. Software is their niche and it is a long term investment model they have strong experience in from development, patching and supporting.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Simp for a company brehs
Was you aware they made that much daily? If the answer is no I'm gonna need you to shut the fukk up :umad:

This thread isn't about a console war even tho it factors. I'm truly amazed a company can generate that much. They can buy any company since they pocketing a billion dollars every 8½ days :damn:

Genos

Superstar
Daps
Was you aware they made that much daily? If the answer is no I'm gonna need you to shut the fukk up :umad:

This thread isn't about a console war even tho it factors. I'm truly amazed a company can generate that much. They can buy any company since they pocketing a billion dollars every 8½ days :damn:
All corporations are evil even Sony and Microsoft. Any corporation would litterally poison your water if it would save them 10k a year. :hhh:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Microsoft on the low IS videogames.
NVidia isn't collaborating with Sony on how best to create a paradigm shift
like the RTX IO features. Microsoft is so much bigger than videogames it's kinda
hard to understand how anyone can think they're even remotely close to Sony.

In the real world, Microsoft is the big fish who dictates where gaming technology
goes and what's actually utilized by developers because they control Direct X
and are directly in the GPU manufacturers ears.

Sony is cool but the landscape of gaming looks vastly different if Microsoft is never in it.

Because in video games we are talking about PLAYSTATION and X-BOX which are there own corporate entities. I've no idea why people keep going on about Microsoft this and Microsoft that.