So Marvel is doing...

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
No I agree.... But there have been some Stans that have been critical of Marvel and say that. I mean prime examples can be found in the Cap 3 thread.

I'm not completely saying DC is like that.... But I genuinely do t believe they got all their bases touched or I's dotted and T's crossed like Marvel.

Marvel already knows which characters are going to cross paths and how to due small little nuggets in each.

DC kinda reaching and hasn't really shown any sign of true direction other than name dropping.

An example of a reach is now in the trailer and speculation that Bat was in the city during the Sup/Zod battle and he just "happened to be in the right place right time" to see Zods eye beams cut through a building.

That scene is a dope and beautiful scene.... But doesn't make it any less of a reach with their blatant attempt if a tie end

Well Zack did say that he wanted to end it with Bruce receiving kryptonite at his manor but it was cut due to Nolan but that whole scenario is fine enough with me :manny:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I wonder why would Nolan have a problem with it

The original reference came from a lengthy feature from "The Guardian" where director of "Man Of Steel" Zack Snyder was asking on whether they should place some post-credit scenes to tease the viewers of the sequel (or other upcoming movies). This is the Standard Operating Procedure of Marvel Studios and it has been successful, to say the least.

Nolan was a consultant to the film and apparently, he disapproved of the idea and he was quoted as saying: "A real film wouldn't do that."

That was definitely a snobbish comment-or even direct shots fired at Marvel. Nolan was always regarded with much esteem and his public persona was believed to be above the petty studio rivalries and more about quality filmmaking.

The "Inception" director has come out to say that he was misquoted out of context, and most sites that ran the story were quick with their clarification statements. This one is from Geek Nation:

"'I would never say someone's else's film isn't 'a real film'. The quote is inaccurate.' The Guardian has added a footnote to their original story that says, 'Subsequent to publication, Nolan disputed the quote attributed to him by Snyder. According to Nolan, he had told Snyder, 'We shouldn't be chasing other movies, but stay true to the tone of Man of Steel.'"

That sounds like something Nolan would say. After all, he is not entirely favorable to the hype surrounding his movies as he mentions to Time Out:

"It never gets any easier. You always feel that if you've created a lot of hype then you've created unrealistic expectations. The truth is, there's only one way to sell an enormous film. We've spent a huge amount of money. You just have to bang the drum as long as you can, as loud as you can. It's certainly daunting, but you do the best you can and put it out there."

Nolan's latest opus, "Interstellar" is out on theaters.

:manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wonder why would Nolan have a problem with it

I might be bugging but if I remember correctly in Nolan's version of Batman, he's the only superhero in the world. Nothing else in DC exists. That was the "I want a comic book movie with realism" taken to the extreme.

Fred.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I might be bugging but if I remember correctly in Nolan's version of Batman, he's the only superhero in the world. Nothing else in DC exists. That was the "I want a comic book movie with realism" taken to the extreme.

Fred.
Nah you're on point, I remember that too now that I think about it.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Well Zack did say that he wanted to end it with Bruce receiving kryptonite at his manor but it was cut due to Nolan but that whole scenario is fine enough with me :manny:
who gave Bruce the kryptonite?:ohhh:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
They got

Black Panther
Spider-Man
Thor
Hulk
Iron Man
Cap
Ant man
Winter Soldier
War Machine
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Falcon
Strange
Inhumans (in place of xmen)
GOTG
NetFlix crew

That's almost 30 heroes so far. I think they're bringing in Ms. Marvel, and maybe others.

Hopefully they can get the rights to Fantastic Four or Xmen or something but seems unlikely