So Lord Tensai is basically just another Umaga

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
A monster who'll never REALLY compete for the title, although he may compete for it.....if that makes sense.

He's just a buildup heel who will get the occasional RAW victory over a Punk/Cena or other main event guy. The guy who when he's announced as ur opponent, it's supposed to be a scary moment.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Umaga was way more entertaining than Tensai. Umaga was in fact a Samoan Bulldozer not trying to be fugazi Japanese.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why does Umaga receive so much hate?

Couple things...

1. Umaga was a very solid worker. He and Cena had a legit MOTYC in 2007.
2. Umaga wasn't over with live crowds initially either but he proved his worth and won them over. The same could happen with Tensai (who is a quality worker, just stuck with a style they gave him that is too methodical).

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
this is an insult to umaga

umaga was actually entertaining tho
I know you didn't think that when he first debuted though, nobody did

When he first showed up the crowd and IWC heads alike were :childplease: at himevery time his music hit.

It took some months, some good ass matches from him and real dedication to the gimmick for him to get over at all.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still trying to figure out why they're trying to convince me that Big White Albert is a japanese dude named Tensai.

Shoutout to UMAGA 10:40

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Umaga & Armando was way doper than Albert ad whoever his guy name is lol, his match with Cena at the '07 Rumble was classic stuff

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm still trying to figure out why they're trying to convince me that Big White Albert is a japanese dude named Tensai.

They aren't. Every time Tensai appears Lawler and Cole discuss how he was in WWE and went over to Japan and "dominated". They acknowledge that he is Albert. What's somewhat confusing about it is that they haven't done a great job explaining how he picked up different aspects of Japanese culture and fighting styles.

Nevertheless, if they had just let him work like he was in NJPW, he would be over.

Singh

All Star
Daps
I do agree with your contrast between the two TS however,

Umaga > Tensai

Armando Alejandro Estrada > Sakamoto

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like you're describing Big Show post-Heyman push.

NovaKane

Swazy
Daps
Umaga was that dude. Can't front though, thought he was kinda whack after they split him apart from Armando.

Tensai is just fukkin' whack. I actually prefer A-Train. I thought I was in for some ill shyt after ya'll hyped up his run in Japan, but his in-ring has been mad borin' since he came back.