So let's talk about Citizen Kane

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I watched it again recently. It is really good, it makes you realize the importance of cinema, when you can give a real insight into life like that (it was based on a few real life characters).

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Just watched it for the first time.

Hot garbage

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the fact that orson was never a trained filmmaker is what really makes him special at it. Instead of doing things the conventional way or a way you know people will be impressed with he just went off his instincts. In all his films the camera placement just seems a little off in a good way he never shoots a scene traditionally. That being said I can see why Kane didn’t take home best film that year there were probably members of the academy who had no idea what he was doing it doesn’t fit the status quo.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think the fact that orson was never a trained filmmaker is what really makes him special at it. Instead of doing things the conventional way or a way you know people will be impressed with he just went off his instincts. In all his films the camera placement just seems a little off in a good way he never shoots a scene traditionally. That being said I can see why Kane didn’t take home best film that year there were probably members of the academy who had no idea what he was doing it doesn’t fit the status quo.
Don't forget he just had raw talent and focus. It's easy to forget that when he was approached by RKO to make a film for them he had already made national impact for his radio and theater work. Like he just had a razor-sharp eye for storytelling and could improvise on the fly. He didn't think in problems or limitations, only in solutions. It's one of those rare mindsets that gets you places.

• Dap
Reactions: mtg

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't forget he just had raw talent and focus. It's easy to forget that when he was approached by RKO to make a film for them he had already made national impact for his radio and theater work. Like he just had a razor-sharp eye for storytelling and could improvise on the fly. He didn't think in problems or limitations, only in solutions. It's one of those rare mindsets that gets you places.
Oh yea I just watched Linklaters Me and Orson Welles and it’s crazy to think he was 22 at the time it took place in 37 and he mordernized Shakespeare Caesar where he took on fascism which wqs obviously on the rise at the time.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I re-watched it after over a decade since my first viewing. It's good, but I can't call it the GOAT. I found a book at Dollar Tree years ago about the making of the movie. I might appreciate it after I give it a read. :ld: