So let's talk about Citizen Kane

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
F For Fake, Welles' documentary (almost more of an essay) on forgery and trickery, but also a personal look into his own career in which Welles uses every trick in the book to mess with your mind. Technically it's as captivating as any of his movies.

Criterion Collection blu-ray in October :banderas:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Its good, and obviously important to filmmaking as an influential groundbreaking film.

Its not the greatest film i've seen though, not by a long way. It doesn't get me emotionally like the greatest films do imo.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I watched a lot of these movies as of child but didn't really appreciate them until I took a film history class in college. Movies like these are timeless and before its time. I just saw a few weeks back that Amazon Instant Video had it. I am going to catch this classic again real soon.

Daps
Reppin
Cali
Undoubtedly one of the greatest films ever (to a film buff or those who know how to appreciate it)
Empire Strikes Back still better though :sas2:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i've been wanting to re-watch this for a while..saw it in a class in high school and it stuck with me

i took a film class in college and it wasn't even mentioned.. dude has us watching shyt like "fatal attraction" :mindblown:

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
It is brilliant in so many ways from the writing to the acting to the cinematic innovation (especially Welles' use of sound which was pure genius) but I have never been able to develop any emotional connection to Citizen Kane like I have for other films in its class like The Godfather and Apocalypse Now and Notorious and whatever other films are routinely listed as being "The Best".

I do find the controversy around the film's lead character Charles Foster Kane being based so closely on William Randolph Hearst (among other titans of industry at the time) to be almost as entertaining as the film itself. Hearst staged a one man campaign to destroy the film and Welles that was just the real life epitome of :umad: .
didn't that fukk wells over though in hollywood

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
one of those things i'll never fully appreciate :manny:

all that camera work is going right over my head :mjcry:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's an unquestionably brilliant work.

As odd add it sounds, it's reputation amongst non-cinephiles is probably hurt by being widely known as the "greatest film of all time"

It's difficult for any work of art to live up to that kind of reputation, especially in a genre that has fished so much in the past 70 years. People go in EXPECTING to be disappointed, or looking for reasons to disagree with its status.

Its too bad, because its a classic film that holds up in nearly every way.

10/10

Matter of fact, I think I might just watch it again this week. The 70th Anniversary bluray collection is great, fyi
:blessed:
Awful cover :scust: