So Kick-Ass 2 flopped heavy (and the Butler cruised to 1st place) this weekend.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Yeah, shyt's ridiculous.

In another thread about big budget blockbusters, someone brought up how growing up, you'd have maybe 3-4 blockbusters. One Memorial Day, the 4th, and maybe on in between or closer to August. And maybe you'd have some surprise hits.

But now, it's way too many. You can't have 15-20 big budget movies in a year and not have some flop horribly.

2015 will be a fukking bloodbath.

Bond 24
Finding Dory (Finding Nemo sequel)
Avengers 2
Pirates of the Carribean 5
Ted 2
Inferno (DaVinci Code series)
Ant-Man
Superman v. Batman
Prometheus 2
Hunger Games 3
WarCraft
Assassin's Creed
Inside Out (Pixar film)
Terminator 5
Alvin and the Chipmunks 4
Smurfs 3
Fantastic 4 reboot
Star Wars Episode VII
Jurassic Park 4
Independence Day 2
Crimson Peak (Guillermo del Toro ghost movie)
Kung Fu Panda 3
Adventures of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun
Mission Impossible 5
American Sniper (Movie about Chris Kyle, starring Bradley Cooper directed by Spielberg)
American Crow (QT movie)

Too many fukkin sequels. I find the complete lack of effort in terms of creating something original insulting.

Daps
Yeah, shyt's ridiculous.

In another thread about big budget blockbusters, someone brought up how growing up, you'd have maybe 3-4 blockbusters. One Memorial Day, the 4th, and maybe on in between or closer to August. And maybe you'd have some surprise hits.

But now, it's way too many. You can't have 15-20 big budget movies in a year and not have some flop horribly.

Bond 24
Avengers 2
Ted 2
Ant-Man
Superman v. Batman
Prometheus 2
Hunger Games 3
WarCraft
Assassin's Creed
Inside Out (Pixar film)
Terminator 5
Smurfs 3
Fantastic 4 reboot
Star Wars Episode VII
Jurassic Park 4
Independence Day 2
Kung Fu Panda 3
Mission Impossible 5
American Sniper (Movie about Chris Kyle, starring Bradley Cooper directed by Spielberg)
American Crow (QT movie)

I have a good feeling a couple of these will get pushed back if not 2015 is :merchant: status

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's great to see the majority of the Summer Blockbusters flopped:pachaha:

While, Pitts doomed World War Z (the only film I supported) did 500mil around the globe:blessed:

And, I still don't plan on seeing The Butler:troll:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Too many big budget summer blockbusters that all basically follow the same story beats. I actually liked the first Kick Ass film but I have no desire to see another one. Most the big budget films this year have been underwhelming to one degree or another. As critical as I was about Iron Man 3 that actually turned out ot be the best of the bunch and it at least had the balls to take some risks and mess with the formula a bit. Everything else this summer has been paint by numbers shyt and/or incredibly flawed.

I gotta give Marvel credit though for having the sense NOT to release Thor 2 during the summer. Because it's not dropping till fall it's probably gonna do numbers and not have much competition.
erm so iron man 3 was better than wolverine now? :why: and how exactly did they have the "balls" to take some risks and mess with the formula? featuring tony stark (as opposed to ironman) was purely vanity on rdj part.The mandarin stuff not only saved money but roped a lot of fanboys to wattch.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yeah, shyt's ridiculous.

Bond 24
Avengers 2
Ted 2
Ant-Man
Superman v. Batman
Prometheus 2
Hunger Games 3
WarCraft
Assassin's Creed
Inside Out (Pixar film)
Terminator 5
Smurfs 3
Fantastic 4 reboot
Star Wars Episode VII
Jurassic Park 4
Independence Day 2
Kung Fu Panda 3
Mission Impossible 5
American Crow (QT movie)
a lot of these flicks havent even been announced let alone in pre-production, like the tarintino flick.How is that going to be released in 2015 when kill bill 3 just got announced :russ:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im not going to see the butler at all but I did go see fruitvale station. ..im not supporting nothing where us blacks are subserveant and the only people who go eye for an eye are treated as terrorist.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
still made its budget, the films budget was 28 Million, and its reached 50 million

tr2k

All Star
Daps
Yeah, shyt's ridiculous.

Bond 24
Avengers 2
Ted 2
Ant-Man
Superman v. Batman
Prometheus 2
Hunger Games 3
WarCraft
Assassin's Creed
Inside Out (Pixar film)
Terminator 5
Smurfs 3
Fantastic 4 reboot
Star Wars Episode VII
Jurassic Park 4
Independence Day 2
Kung Fu Panda 3
Mission Impossible 5
American Crow (QT movie)
The world must end in 2015 or something