So ItsYoung!!! And fellow PC Nerds ..... how did that 3080 launch go for yah huh ??????

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
what you are talking about breh :what:

wait wtf ayooo I wish AMD wasn’t so ass :laff:

anyway, trying to get stuff like this day one is pretty much impossible. stock will probably be better in a month or so. I'm probably gonna wait to see how my 2070 Super does with Cyberpunk before I decide to upgrade

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nvidia Is Manually Reviewing RTX 3080 Orders to Stop Scalpers

Nvidia is apologizing to gamers who struggled and failed to buy the RTX 3080 graphics card on launch day. But it's promising more stock is on the way.

The much-anticipated product was supposed to go on sale at 6 a.m. PT Thursday across numerous retailers. But PC gamers everywhere reported that the GPU sold out within minutes, if not seconds. The problem was especially bad on Nvidia’s own website, which was selling the “Founders Edition” of the graphics card for $699. One customer on Reddit posted a video attempting to buy the product at 6 a.m., when sales began, only for the web page to instantly change to “Out of Stock.”

Nvidia told PCMag it saw “unprecedented demand” for the RTX 3080 at global retailers and its own website. “At 6 am pacific we attempted to push the Nvidia store live. Despite preparation, the Nvidia store was inundated with traffic and encountered an error,” the company added.

Nvidia was able to address the errors and begin taking orders normally, but the company is indicating that “bots and scalpers” have tried to buy the product as well.

“To stop bots and scalpers on the Nvidia store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers,” the company said while adding: “We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience.”

Indeed, the limited supplies for the RTX 3080 has created a market on eBay, where resellers are hawking the $699 product for around $2,000 or more.

Users have also been noticing how some suspected scalpers are taking to social media to post about the dozen or more RTX units they managed to snag.

The good news is that Nvidia and its manufacturing partners are shipping more units “every day to retailers," the company said. The retailer Newegg also refrained from selling its entire RTX 3080 stock on day one. So customers should continually check the Newegg website for potentially more sales in the coming days.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
What’s so important about founders editions brehs? Don’t 3rd party companies sell graphics cards?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What’s so important about founders editions brehs? Don’t 3rd party companies sell graphics cards?
With recent generations, the FE was better than 3rd parties because they bin the best chips. Also, custom water blocks are typically better on the FEs. I’ve personally bought FEs and Nvidia branded GPUs for several generations now

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
My confusion is why the fukk would someone pay prices higher than a 3090 for a fukkin 3080? I mean how does that compute or make any sense? lol
these resellers hoping to come up off some sucker. most will have to settle for less eventually

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
With recent generations, the FE was better than 3rd parties because they bin the best chips. Also, custom water blocks are typically better on the FEs. I’ve personally bought FEs and Nvidia branded GPUs for several generations now

b-b-bu-but what about AMD :lupe:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You only mentioned your 2080.

It absolutely does not “shyt on 90% of the market” especially the next gen consoles.

a 2080 definitely shyts on 90% of the market including next gen consoles :wtf: you are the fukking dumbest person to ever hit log in on the coli

On this forum:

No one plays PC games :hula: nvidia drops new video card that sells out in seconds

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
And he's series :laff:

Are you a bot?

Didn't I say that PC gamers are disguised as Sony gamers :sas1:

In another thread, cdkeys had psn for the low and ppl here was talking about buying them to resell. I said that was not good for the rest of us and I was attacked. This is what happens when those types are left unchecked.

what are you laughing at? that computer set up is insanely stronger than next gen consoles

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
and by the point the PS5 I ordered yesterday will be a dinosaur and used primarily for Hulu and struggle 30fps games with subpar graphic fidelity. Don’t indulge me with your console nonsense

tenor.gif

:russ: