So its too many feral cats around here and yet I can't shoot them. Make it make sense

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nature will balance things out. There is probably an over abundance of stray cats because there is over abundance of rodents. Eventually coyotes will come through and kill off the cats. Personally I can deal with cats, but I don't like coyotes at all. Coyotes can be dangerous to humans.

Superstar
Daps
We got a couple of neutered/spayed strays that live in my subdivision. Some idiot killed all the non-venomous snakes so we had a copperhead problem. The strays take care of that.

Superstar
Daps
Nature will balance things out. There is probably an over abundance of stray cats because there is over abundance of rodents. Eventually coyotes will come through and kill off the cats. Personally I can deal with cats, but I don't like coyotes at all. Coyotes can be dangerous to humans.

Eventually FIV will shorten the lifespans of the colony.

Korang

Rookie
Daps
Nah fam. Feral cats kill when theyre hungry or not hungry. They hunt and kill for sport and they multiply rapidly. Theyre actually one of the biggest threats to our ecosystem when not checked because of how thwy hunt and kill with or without reason

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah fam. Feral cats kill when theyre hungry or not hungry. They hunt and kill for sport and they multiply rapidly. Theyre actually one of the biggest threats to our ecosystem when not checked because of how thwy hunt and kill with or without reason
You are not understanding my point. There has to be an overabundance of rodents to support feral cats diets. Otherwise the cats would die off or move on. I am not writing about all the other stuff that they also kill. I am just writing about what they are eating.
It all will balance out, because if you all have been paying attention there is also an increase in coyotes all across the USA.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I’m Catset, but my neighbor feeds them, and they come in my yard. Once I realized they were using my garden beds as a litter box, I went to Home Depot and found some spray called Critter Ridder. That, plus spraying vinegar along the perimeter keeps them away. But I have to do this every time it rains, because it washes away. I also put a gate around the raised beds. I had to remove all the dirt, and start fresh.

It works because the other neighbors let their cat outside, and the cat literally walks near my yard, then pauses like this:

:picard: :huhldup::hubie:
This what use to happen with my neighbor. They use to feed them and got tired of them multiplying. When Covid hit, animal control wont even try to get them unless they're already dead. They told me to set traps.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Not true. When I first bought my home, someone on my block was feeding strays. I have a big yard, and the cats were pooping in my yard, but not covering it up or burying it. Wife and I had to walk around our yard like a minefield. Cutting grass always ended up with cat poo on my shoes. It didn't stop until the city made anyone with more than 3 cats get a license. I too wanted to shoot those felines.
Those are some heathen cats not covering up they poop.:picard:

They was probably raised by a dogset family :mjpls:

Dre God

Immortals never hurry
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
[9³]
So if I feed the feral cats that be in my backyard that’s bad?

I was thinking about it to keep the nyc rats away but ppl in here saying that’s bad :lupe:

School me brehs

Daps
OP is right about feral cats. They are vermin and a menace to local indigenous wildlife. Trap- Neuter-Release doesn't work. They have to be culled.

I know this will hurt many on thecoli but you have to overcome your single mother raised and American education system programming and see the bigger picture.