So it's common knowledge that Carter 2>>> Carter 1

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Wayne was in a lyrical zone on C1 and the beats were more cohesive with Mannie doin damn near all the beats. Carter 2 was straight but it's 40% filler really..Tha Mobb,The Interludes,Hustler Musik,Oh No,Money On My Mind are all classic but it's real hard to make it through the entire album because it's too many diffrent sounds on one record, there's a west coast track,some reggae shyt,chipmunk samples etc..

C1 was the last time Wayne was hungry and had something to prove and it shows, there wasn't a lazy bar on the entire album plus Mannie hooked dude up with a sick batch of beats..the chemistry alone puts it over the top.

Racked Up

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its close but I got c2

If I threw all the tracks together in order most of the top would probly b c1 but most of the bottom would also b c1

C2 wuz a lil more consistent to me....

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
carter 2 was a dissappointment. the album is tacky, generic and elementary in comparison to carter 1.

i anticipated carter 2 and was extremely dissappointed, altho i had already grew a bit leery due to the corny "fireman" single leading up to the album, so my anticipation dropped a bit before the release.

i honestly think that the idea of carter 2 being better is more of a 'difference in age' thing.

100% agree

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Wayne was in a lyrical zone on C1 and the beats were more cohesive with Mannie doin damn near all the beats. Carter 2 was straight but it's 40% filler really..Tha Mobb,The Interludes,Hustler Musik,Oh No,Money On My Mind are all classic but it's real hard to make it through the entire album because it's too many diffrent sounds on one record, there's a west coast track,some reggae shyt,chipmunk samples etc..

C1 was the last time Wayne was hungry and had something to prove and it shows, there wasn't a lazy bar on the entire album plus Mannie hooked dude up with a sick batch of beats..the chemistry alone puts it over the top.

c/s, Mannie was a beast on C1, I liked the cohesiveness of that album, there were more dope songs on C1 than C2. C2 was just aight to me.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I thought I was the only person who liked C2 more than C1. But both albums are great.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
the reason why the bars on C1 were better is because alot of it was ghostwritten.

:rudy:

Gillie Da Kid Behind the Music | XXLMAG.COM

XXL: Were you straight writing verses for Wayne, or was it more of a coaching thing?

Gillie: No, Wayne had good breath control, so it was really more of a study thing.

Mannie and his old group SQAD Up even said Wayne had no writers for the album.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
:rudy:

Gillie Da Kid Behind the Music | XXLMAG.COM

XXL: Were you straight writing verses for Wayne, or was it more of a coaching thing?

Gillie: No, Wayne had good breath control, so it was really more of a study thing.

Mannie and his old group SQAD Up even said Wayne had no writers for the album.
Just let Wacky go...he'll devote the rest of his day trying to convince you Gillie wrote it, despite Gillie changing his story pretty much every time he told, lying, and admitting he didn't..and Wayne having a full discography of unofficial mixtape catalog and unreleased material showing the consistent use and development of that Style that Gillie doesn't have

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
^im not wacky. but things like this are why i no longer think hes a sissy.

gillie was ghostwriting before he went to cash money. he knows the dos and donts. you dont put your clients on blast. but after a while, he felt the need to do it. i completely understand. lol @ "he has good breathe control".

the thing is, you hip cats didnt know who gillie was until the scandal. the fact that you think wayne was using a style that gillie doesnt have, proves that and kills your whole "argument". it was common knowledge that gillie wrote alot of the album before gillie even left cash money. i knew gillie wrote alot of C1 before these current wayne stans even heard the cd.

why would mannie fresh expose lil wayne? he was like fam, and hes still on good terms with dude. listen to what you fellas are saying. its not adding up.