So It Goes (1st - 2pac) (2nd - Jay) (3rd - Nas) Who 4th?

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
2. R U Still Down was a better album than AEOM

5. Joe Pa has a statue and there are college courses on the lyrics of Lil Kim

You know what? ill just leave you with this, top 5 intro in hip history

Last edited by a moderator:

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
1. Nas
2. BIG
3. Pac
4. Jay
5. Scarface/Prodigy

I can't be mad at anyone placing Nas/Pac/Jay/BIG at number though.

MoneyBags

Daps
Reppin
East Side!
^^R U Still Down is a better album than any 'classic' album in Jay-z's catalogue and better than most Nas albums..

Pac's posthumous catalogue is severely underrated and people conveniently don't count his posthumous albums so as to claim that Nas and Jay have a more extensive discography.

uhhhhhhh NO

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
uhhhhhhh NO

R U Still Down? has more substance than The Blueprint and The Black Album.

Sounds better too.

It may not be hyped up on the internet like Jay-z albums but it's really not an outlandish statement to say that the songs on R U Still Down are better than those on the aforementioned Jay albums. The music speaks for itself.. :manny:

MoneyBags

Daps
Reppin
East Side!
R U Still Down? has more substance than The Blueprint and The Black Album.

Sounds better too.

It may not be hyped up on the internet like Jay-z albums but it's really not an outlandish statement to say that the songs on R U Still Down are better than those on the aforementioned Jay albums. The music speaks for itself.. :manny:

what about Nas albums? Illmatic/IWW/Stillmatic/Lost Tapes >>>>> R U Still Down

I'm not even arguing with you cuz i can respect Pac at #1 on someone's list. now if you said Kanye or something...

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
2. R U Still Down was a better album than AEOM

5. Joe Pa has a statue and there are college courses on the lyrics of Lil Kim

:rudy: @ a posthumous album being better than a album that Pac had creative control over. Not to mention those posthumous albums having no real direction and just songs randomly meshed together. And Amaru alters the sound of most of the posthumous songs, the OG usually sounds completely different than the retail.

They ruined "Only fear of death", the OG is much better has that depressing vibe to it like it should be, where's the retail has this cheerful vibe to it. :snoop:

"Until the end of time" and "Better days" was the best posthumous Pac albums IMO.

Are you still down is alright but AEOM is better, breh, the first CD on AEOM looks like a greatest hits album. :mindblown:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what about Nas albums? Illmatic/IWW/Stillmatic/Lost Tapes >>>>> R U Still Down

I'm not even arguing with you cuz i can respect Pac at #1 on someone's list. now if you said Kanye or something...

I agree with this. That's why I said better than most Nas albums. In my opinion RUSD is better than or can hang with I Am, Nastradamus, God's Son, HHID, Untitled and LIG.

RUSD basically consists of tracks that were meant for the original MATW (before he switched up the tracklist after RTD dropped), Thug Life and S4MN. That's when 2pac was just spitting raw lyrics before all the beef and most of the tracks really compliment each other really well giving it the feel of a real 2pac album.
RUSD is also the least remixed of all the posthumous albums and a lot of the tracks are very true to the original and even the fully remixed songs still have that fresh '90s sound. Afterall, it IS a '90s album (1997). Better Dayz and Until The End Of Time were remixed a lot worse.

@ hiphopfan456

I think OFOD still has that depressing vibe to it on the album. Though the original is still a bit rawer.