So It Goes (1st - 2pac) (2nd - Jay) (3rd - Nas) Who 4th?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
1)Pac
2)Nas
3)Biggie
4)Cube
5)Jay Z

I used to have Scarface @ number 5 until I realized I listened to Jay Z more lol, but face is certainty #6.

Superstar
Daps
The order don't matter nun, the top 4 is undeniably Jay/Nas/Big/Pac

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1. Dude got 3 classic albums

2. Dude had 2 classic albums in the same year :damn:

3. Every album he improved

4. He was just 25 years old with 5 albums

5. He is the face of hip hop

1. AEOM is not a classic album. I'll give you Me Against The World and Makavelli

2. No

3. A lot of folks would say he regressed in terms of subject matter and watering his records down with Outlawz

4. Yes. Pac + a bottle of Henny = GOAT work ethic

5. Debatable. Not that he is the face, cuz he isn't (Rakim = Jerry West). It's debatable because of the lasting negative impact this perception has had on Hip Hop culture and the mainstream marketing of rappers.

Pac & BIG should go in the hall of fame and stop clogging up top 5 lists as mandatory selections.

Give their spots to Cube, Scarface, G Rap, Rakim, Common, Redman, Black Thought, or whoever...

Too many emcees putting in too much work to get looked over for guys with 2 classic albums.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
...that's the argument to be made, though.

When you say "the face of hip-hop", that to me denotes a level of fame and name recognition that transcends racial or age boundaries on an international basis....and they both have that.

It's an interesting debate.

Yeah both are known world wide and transcend a lot of boundaries but pac IMO is the only rapper who is bigger then hip hop. If you look at dudes life shyt is like some kinda movie :why:

Black panther parents, mom gets put in prison while he in his moms womb, moms gets out of his prison, changes her name for his protection, mom becomes a crack head, goes into rap, vice president names him as a threat ,shoots cops, gets framed for rape, the police destroying evidence sending him to prison, joins the infamous death row, gets shoot in the middle of vegas, fbi writing files on him etc :pachaha:

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
1. AEOM is not a classic album. I'll give you Me Against The World and Makavelli

2. No

3. A lot of folks would say he regressed in terms of subject matter and watering his records down with Outlawz

5. Debatable. Not that he is the face, cuz he isn't (Rakim = Jerry West). It's debatable because of the lasting negative impact this perception has had on Hip Hop culture and the mainstream marketing of rappers.

Pac & BIG should go in the hall of fame and stop clogging up top 5 lists as mandatory selections.

Give their spots to Cube, Scarface, G Rap, Rakim, Common, Redman, Black Thought, or whoever...

Too many emcees putting in too much work to get looked over for guys with 2 classic albums.

1. AEOM not being a classic :what:

2. AEOM/Makavelli

5. Dude got statues, museums, classes on his work, course he the face of hip hop.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
this shyt again?

2ypeuef.jpg

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Stop it guys PAC died and that has artificially elevated his status

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
1. AEOM not being a classic :what:

2. AEOM/Makavelli

5. Dude got statues, museums, classes on his work, course he the face of hip hop.

2. R U Still Down was a better album than AEOM

5. Joe Pa has a statue and there are college courses on the lyrics of Lil Kim

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps

2. No

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/SHUT+THE+fukk+UP_5b2fdb_3237739.gif

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^R U Still Down is a better album than any 'classic' album in Jay-z's catalogue and better than most Nas albums..

Pac's posthumous catalogue is severely underrated and people conveniently don't count his posthumous albums so as to claim that Nas and Jay have a more extensive discography.