So, Is It Just Me, Or Does The PS4 Have A Lot of Crap In Its Library?

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Sorry, if I offended you. Didn't know we had fanboys on here. :skip:

You are most definitely new to this subform then.

The overwhelming majority of video games released are bad shovelware. Been that way since the Atari. The SNES is my favorite console of all time, and for every Super Mario World-level title, there was 10 garbage movie/cartoon adaptations, generic beat-em-ups, and phoned in sports titles.

Instead of wasting your time at GameStop every week, just keep an eye on sites like Metacritic to see what's good. Definitely do pass up on universally acclaimed titles like Spider-man. Try grabbing a Switch or something, too.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I would say try the Yakuza series but it is too Japanese for you.

Based on what you described I can't recommend any other game apart from the Tetris Effect.

If you can't find an exclusive that you like then I'd suggest that you get the XB1X and play third party titles .

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Breh it' 2019. Figuring out what games you might wanna play by reading box art in gamestop aint gonna cut it.

You're on the internet, it's not hard to figure out what games are good, you can even watch people play them to help decide.

It sounds like backwards compatibility and 3rd party titles being their best version is more important to you, I'd suggest getting a PC or X1X then.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Both systems libraries are inferior to their predecessors, and Sony fukked up by not making backwards compatibility a focal point. Microsoft was smart enough to know their library sucked, and that's why they focused on BC.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Both systems libraries are inferior to their predecessors, and Sony fukked up by not making backwards compatibility a focal point. Microsoft was smart enough to know their library sucked, and that's why they focused on BC.
Also video games are insanely budgeted so they’re just not going to make random ass creative games like in the good old days , they’re prime mission is to profit as much as possible

Daps
Also video games are insanely budgeted so they’re just not going to make random ass creative games like in the good old days , they’re prime mission is to profit as much as possible

Yeah, and it shows. There's hardly any more creativity, a dearth of ambition in games that were clearly made according to a list of bullet points publishers need studios to check off. I notice that the Indie scene is still very much alive on the PC front, though, with developers challenging themselves to push the envelope and produce games rise above the generic Return of the Obra Dinn is a great example of what I'd love to see more of on the consoles.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Yeah, and it shows. There's hardly any more creativity, a dearth of ambition in games that were clearly made according to a list of bullet points publishers need studios to check off. I notice that the Indie scene is still very much alive on the PC front, though, with developers challenging themselves to push the envelope and produce games rise above the generic Return of the Obra Dinn is a great example of what I'd love to see more of on the consoles.
Maybe if googles new game service takes off you’ll see more creative games return

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
But all the non-exclusive games look better on the X. Granted, I haven't played Spiderman, but I've read enough impressions from people who've played it and said it's Arkham without the bleak setting. I should have added Doom, since I played and loved it. Horizon Zero Dawn has been panned for having repetitive side quests and uninteresting NPC interaction. I tried Infamous Second Son, finding it kind of shallow; it's a game that was clearly a nice looking demonstration of the PS4's technical strengths, gameplay being an afterthought. Nioh? Eh, isn't that Team Ninja? Won't front, being in my late 30s, I'm old school. I played and beat Ninja Gaiden on the NES and even the trilogy on SNES. But Ninja Gaiden's gameplay didn't translate well to the Xbox or the 360, so I passed on Nioh. I can safely say it would have been returned after a few plays. Tried the demo for Nier:Automata and wasn't sold. Too....Japanese..God of War is one game I haven't bought and might get. I just don't like what I've read about how it's more narrative and there aren't many boss fights, which were the main draw of the installments before it. I loved Last of Us, but I haven't played any of the Uncharted games. I think I held off because of reviews and impressions that panned it for the cut scenes and scripted sequences. Again, TLOU sold me on their talent, being among my favorite games of this gen - perhaps ever. But Uncharted seems a lot more linear and far less grounded.

Day's Gone is going to be dope and will probably keep me occupied for months in the same way Witcher 3 did. Because of that, I'll prolly hold off selling it. Maybe it's the industry. I used to be an Xbox fan, coming from the 360 and its amazing library, but the botched launch of the One put me on the PS4.
all i got from this post was you let people talk you out of shyt very very easily