So I'm watching Deathnote....

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown:

dikk... Why would you do that?... son said he JUST started watchin the show and he only on ep 3....can't stand fukkaz like u.... :pacspit:

anyway... I liked death note and I agree it gets very lengthy in storyline and dialog but I thought it was worth it... I stuck it out till the end and enjoyed it... currently looking for another good anime to waste my time.... :sas1:

Darker Than Black. Its like Xmen meets Jason Bourne kind of. One of my faves....
Its piff but i have to be honest. I dont know any other person that likes it except me. :lolbron:

Ofcourse this is only if you are done with the classics: Full metal alchemist, Bleach( Only the Soul Society Arc), etc

raidersreceiver

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Portland, OR
Damn brehs I came in here and was like why everyone mad at me then I realized what I did. My bad fam I was drunk and high when I let that spoiler bang :snoop:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
People who don't like it, simply have to do more research or actually give the anime a chance. This isn't Iron Fist, the author has released plenty of statements before even printing the manga that he wanted to steer away from gore/action based themes and focus on more psychological dramas. If your idea of good anime is Bleach-esque then stay away from this, or give it a chance due to the fact that you more than likely have seen a DC movie so you know what bad really is.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I remember it from the adult swim days and decided to watch it all from the beginning last year.

I really enjoyed it and can see why its ranked so high. The second half isn't as great but its worth watching to see how it ends.

I also agree with the recommendation of Hellsing Ultimate. Only 10 episodes ranging from 42 to 68 minutes.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown:

dikk... Why would you do that?... son said he JUST started watchin the show and he only on ep 3....can't stand fukkaz like u.... :pacspit:

anyway... I liked death note and I agree it gets very lengthy in storyline and dialog but I thought it was worth it... I stuck it out till the end and enjoyed it... currently looking for another good anime to waste my time.... :sas1:

why u quoted his spoiler :deadmanny:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
As far as psychological thrillers go Death Note doesn't even begin to touch a masterpiece like Monster. DN is very mainstream still, just a shame it goes completely off the rails in the third act of the story.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
You'll know when it falls off

I was watching it and it dragged on and on. I said fukk it and just read the rest of the plot on wikipedia. Glad I didn't waste my time trying to finish it

Death note ain't the best anime ever either. Who ever said that needs help:mjlol:

straightcash

All Star
Daps
As far as psychological thrillers go Death Note doesn't even begin to touch a masterpiece like Monster. DN is very mainstream still, just a shame it goes completely off the rails in the third act of the story.

Monster is another AWESOME series. The dub is great too. I believe SyFy/Manga Entertainment did that, and it was for TV, so they put some effort behind it.

Dubs CAN be good, if they only got people who know what tf they're doing. Not some generic voices.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Black Lagoon
Ghost in the Snell
Beserk

Watched all of them besides Champloo, but know that its great too. Berserk was incomplete but great, they did like one arc and cancelled it. The reboot is ass. Bad animation, direction, and just not watcheable.

GITS movie? I think we gotta keep movies in a separate list, cuz Akira, and a lot of the Studio Ghibli films is up there.