Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Firstly, its a psychological thriller, the author said he wanted to make an anime without fights/explosions.

While I agree, its slow paced, it picks up later and season 2 being the GOAT.

Again, if you want gore or action, this isn't the anime for you. Its considered the number 10 on the greatest anime's of all time by many critics, but if you don't like talking, don't do it to yourself...even then however, why not? I'm sure we've all experienced some bad anime/manga before. Like Dragon Ball GT who some consider the WOAT.

But if you like Better Call Saul, Se7en or Gone Girl, this is the right anime for you.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Firstly, its a psychological thriller, the author said he wanted to make an anime without fights/explosions.

While I agree, its slow paced, it picks up later and season 2 being the GOAT.

Again, if you want gore or action, this isn't the anime for you. Its considered the number 10 on the greatest anime's of all time by many critics, but if you don't like talking, don't do it to yourself...even then however, why not? I'm sure we've all experienced some bad anime/manga before. Like Dragon Ball GT who some consider the WOAT.

But if you like Better Call Saul, Se7en or Gone Girl, this is the right anime for you.
Gone girl was dope...

But yeah, I didn't know that about this. I thought I read a review and gore was mixed and I keep hearing how dope it is.

It's kinda boring af... I'll watch a few more to see if I get in the story, but I'm not big on anime inner monologues...

In fact, thats the 2 main things I hate about anime. Monologues and protagonists that cry all the time or act like bytches. This one is literally likee 15 minutes of monologues, 5 minutes of dialogue, and 3 minutes of action at the most.

And now since fukkboy up above spoiled one of the main surprises of the show, not sure if it's worth it to keep watching

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Gone girl was dope...

But yeah, I didn't know that about this. I thought I read a review and gore was mixed and I keep hearing how dope it is.

It's kinda boring af... I'll watch a few more to see if I get in the story, but I'm not big on anime inner monologues...

In fact, thats the 2 main things I hate about anime. Monologues and protagonists that cry all the time or act like bytches. This one is literally likee 15 minutes of monologues, 5 minutes of dialogue, and 3 minutes of action at the most.

And now since fukkboy up above spoiled one of the main surprises of the show, not sure if it's worth it to keep watching

I'm not going to go into spoilers, but the inner monologues of the two main characters ( light and L) are both equally agreeable. That's what makes Death note fascinating. Both of their points ( you'll find out more later in the show), are both right and wrong. To be honest, the show actually challenges the viewers mindset while building crazy suspense.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Watch the original with subtitles, not the dubbed version!
Yo. Its a dope anime, you just have to watch it all at once. Its a thinking man's anime though, not for everyone.
There is hardly any action at all and that's intentional. The action is in the tension and suspense.
I dont know, i liked the art, the music and the main 2 characters engage in this tense psychological battle while at the same time respecting and admiring each other. Aside from The Prestige, nothing gets me going more than Light vs L.

The guy that dropped the spoiler was :snoop: but you have to see how it happens though.
I even watched the so called ''boring'' second half of it. It was not as good as the first half at all but still worth watching.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
bruh... This shyt is waaaayyyyy too much chit chat.

I'm hearing it's the greatest anime ever... But it's humorless and kinda boring atm..

Im on episode 3 now. I'll give it until episode 5 and if nothing interesting happens i'm cutting this shyt tf off

Yeah, don't bother going any further.

You wanna stay woke? Watch Hellsing Ultimate.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
It got bad when the original L died. I made it to episode 34

:mindblown:

dikk... Why would you do that?... son said he JUST started watchin the show and he only on ep 3....can't stand fukkaz like u.... :pacspit:

anyway... I liked death note and I agree it gets very lengthy in storyline and dialog but I thought it was worth it... I stuck it out till the end and enjoyed it... currently looking for another good anime to waste my time.... :sas1:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Death Note isn't that damn great...

Not even a Top 5 anime...other motherfukkers are buggin...