So I post on democratic underground asking if a child really know they're transgender at 8yrs old,

Daps
Devil's advocate here.

Did yall not have crushes on girls until you were teenagers? There are kindergartners that really really like their teacher, and boys that try to kiss the girls, so why is it so absurd that an 8 year old 'knows' that they don't feel right in their body?

Being that we all have never felt our bodies were 'wrong' I don't think we really have any idea WTF we're talking about when we say that these type of feelings won't occur until a later age.

Kids at that age sometimes think girls are yucky and have cooties they grow out of it

It doesn’t mean they’re :dame:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Devil's advocate here.

Did yall not have crushes on girls until you were teenagers? There are kindergartners that really really like their teacher, and boys that try to kiss the girls, so why is it so absurd that an 8 year old 'knows' that they don't feel right in their body?

Being that we all have never felt our bodies were 'wrong' I don't think we really have any idea WTF we're talking about when we say that these type of feelings won't occur until a later age.
The Devil is a dummy then. You're conflating chemical attraction with physical identity. LBGTQ can't argue gender fluidity, but then say "oh I don't feel 'right' in this body, I must be the other gender. That's binary thinking. What frame of reference could they possibly have to say "I would be so much happier if I had breasts and vag." That's mental illness. How do you even begin to quantify some goofy shyt like that? Homosexuality is something most rational people can at least be supportive of, if not at the very least indifferent. But trans people are mentally ill and we shouldn't allow children to mutilate themselves like that. The average eight year old in America is probably concerned about Pokemon or getting a Nintendo Switch; not how they can get their penis chopped off.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kids at that age sometimes think girls are yucky and have cooties they grow out of it

It doesn’t mean they’re :dame:
Sometimes. Other times there are boys that are madly in love with girls and stay that way through life. That means that some of these kids know what they like at a young age :yeshrug:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
What the hell do politicians have to do with parents raising their children?

Nobody is forcing parents to allow the kids to dress a certain way, or take hormones.

Republicans can’t stop someone from allowing their kids to do anything, and Biden barely mentions transgender.
They are close. There are schools districts that force the teachers to affirm a child's gender identity, even if the parent is opposed. That's concerning.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Devil is a dummy then. You're conflating chemical attraction with physical identity. LBGTQ can't argue gender fluidity, but then say "oh I don't feel 'right' in this body, I must be the other gender. That's binary thinking. What frame of reference could they possibly have to say "I would be so much happier if I had breasts and vag." That's mental illness. How do you even begin to quantify some goofy shyt like that?
There are grown women out here who feel better about themselves about breast implants and vaginal rejuvenation. Are they all mentally ill as well? Feeling insecure or disdain about your body is something that a lot of people go through.

Homosexuality is something most rational people can at least be supportive of, if not at the very least indifferent. But trans people are mentally ill and we shouldn't allow children to mutilate themselves like that. The average eight year old in America is probably concerned about Pokemon or getting a Nintendo Switch; not how they can get their penis chopped off.
Is it mutilation when a person gets a mole removed or their nose size reduced? What about a cleft lift?

Again, no one is reassigning gender at 8 years old, but I'm not rocking with the idea that people are mentally insane if they hate parts of their bodies, even from a young age. Only a terrible parent will allow a kid to get nose surgery at 12 (it's likely illegal) but a kid can damn sure know if they want a nose job at a young age :yeshrug:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
There are grown women out here who feel better about themselves about breast implants and vaginal rejuvenation. Are they all mentally ill as well? Feeling insecure or disdain about your body is something that a lot of people go through.

Is it mutilation when a person gets a mole removed or their nose size reduced? What about a cleft lift?

Again, no one is reassigning gender at 8 years old, but I'm not rocking with the idea that people are mentally insane if they hate parts of their bodies, even from a young age. Only a terrible parent will allow a kid to get nose surgery at 12 (it's likely illegal) but a kid can damn sure know if they want a nose job at a young age :yeshrug:
So you're dumb dumb? nikka they are already biologically WOMEN. And frankly, seeing the proliferation of women chopping their bodies up to get the same cookie-cutter Queen of the Ants body is proof of dysmorphia. They need therapy.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The point is people at that age can grow out of things you can’t start giving the puberty blockers or encourage them to wear dresses
I can get on board with puberty blockers being a bit too far (but not being a part of that culture, I can't say whether there is data to suggest that a lot of kids regret their choices) but I don't get how wearing dresses as a kid is a bad thing if a breh wants to be a brehette. There are kids leaving the house dressed as astronauts and princesses every day out here. I do generally agree that nothing permanent should be done, but being a kid allows for greater experimentation about defining who you are/who you want to be.

Daps
I can get on board with puberty blockers being a bit too far (but not being a part of that culture, I can't say whether there is data to suggest that a lot of kids regret their choices) but I don't get how wearing dresses as a kid is a bad thing if a breh wants to be a brehette. There are kids leaving the house dressed as astronauts and princesses every day out here. I do generally agree that nothing permanent should be done, but being a kid allows for greater experimentation about defining who you are/who you want to be.
I said encourage it

Not Encouraging them to proactively dress in the opposite gender’s clothing is different from punishing them for it

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So you're dumb dumb? nikka they are already biologically WOMEN. And frankly, seeing the proliferation of women chopping their bodies up to get the same cookie-cutter Queen of the Ants body is proof of dysmorphia. They need therapy.
What about cleft lips as a kid? Is every part of your body acceptable as an adult except for genitals? What about penis enlargement?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I said encourage it

Not Encouraging them to proactively dress in the opposite gender’s clothing is different from punishing them for it
I mean it's possible that there are parents out here that dress their kids up in the opposite gender's clothes because they want attention but that is probably the exception to the norm.

Daps
They are close. There are schools districts that force the teachers to affirm a child's gender identity, even if the parent is opposed. That's concerning.

Then those parents need to elect different people to the school board, or be on the board themselves.