So i brought a house in Trenton,NJ for 200 bucks...

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Have any of you driven through or been to Trenton :scust:

I would never live there. Place is fukked. Good luck though, you can probably rent it out for about $800 or $900 a month, that's considered cheap around there

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
:whoo:damn...

Sit on it , then flip it when the tide turns...

Don't want to be negative, but the tide will probably never turn in Trenton :mjlol:
Sounds like he got a place around the station, those houses/apts are nothing but traps and gang hangouts :scust:
Oh yeah and there's always a bunch of homeless people wandering around

Good luck, OP :manny:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think that's a waste of money. From what OP described, no one is buying in that area. Might as well sell it to a drug dealer for $3k and they can use it as a stash house :manny:
You only pay when it gets sold. Plus he's not out there to wheel and deal in person so it's better to have a professional handle it. Especially if there's no one out there he can trust. Usually you obtain a higher price for real estate when using a pro.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Have any of you driven through or been to Trenton :scust:

I would never live there. Place is fukked. Good luck though, you can probably rent it out for about $800 or $900 a month, that's considered cheap around there

Really depressing place overall. Sad to see our folks struggling like that.

luciddreamer

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The sleepless city
Don't want to be negative, but the tide will probably never turn in Trenton :mjlol:
Sounds like he got a place around the station, those houses/apts are nothing but traps and gang hangouts :scust:
Oh yeah and there's always a bunch of homeless people wandering around

Good luck, OP :manny:

:wow:...
Ya never know.... nothing lasts forever...

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
What if a bunch of us coli brehs bought properties in this area and started fixing them up?

:ohhh:

This sounds like a good idea.

My only real concerns would be back taxes and the costs of demolishing a home if needed.

An ex of mine paid about 2500 for a house in a hood in Pa and paid about 4k+ to knock it down. But I guess if we had cash to rebuild it may be with it.

:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
OP, before you start to do anything, you need to do a title search and lien search on the property. Typically these properties not only have back property taxes due (this can add up to a LOT of money), but city code violations, outstanding mortgages, utility balances, permit violations, chain of title could be clouded, etc.

Typically the investors I work with do this kind of due diligence before they buy any property, but shyt, for $200, it might be worth the risk. But in case it's not, don't go dumping money into a property you'll never make money on.

Use a site like this to obtain the title history: https://www.propertyshark.com/info/property-title-search/. If you want, PM me and I'll give you my email address and you can send me the report and I can let you know what came back on the search and what it means.