So how is Kendrick as a technical rapper (Post examples)?

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
You guys make this way more complicated then it needs to be. If you've been listening for years and you really know your shyt, you know what it sounds like when a rapper's in the pocket and blacking out. You don't gotta count the syllables and check the tempo changes! You know when a rapper's saying some shyt too.
Not necessarily. A lot of rappers "snap" then you take it to the lyrics sheet and realize they aint really said shyt. Then some snap and you take it to the lyrics sheet and you be like :wow:

Some rappers spazz out so often that nikkaz arent even impressed anymore when they do it (Lupe)... or when they drop some shyt no one else in the game can and nikkaz say, "it was aight but he can do better" ignoring that no one else can (Lupe)

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
You guys make this way more complicated then it needs to be. If you've been listening for years and you really know your shyt, you know what it sounds like when a rapper's in the pocket and blacking out. You don't gotta count the syllables and check the tempo changes! You know when a rapper's saying some shyt too.

yes u do because if u don't count the syllables in the line how u gonna know if a rapper flow is choppy
or if u don't use bpm checker how u gonna know the speed of the song and better yet how u gonna know if a person rhymes ain't on beat with the kick and the snare u guys don't know shyt about the technical aspects of rapping !.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
Not necessarily. A lot of rappers "snap" then you take it to the lyrics sheet and realize they aint really said shyt. Then some snap and you take it to the lyrics sheet and you be like :wow:

Some rappers spazz out so often that nikkaz arent even impressed anymore when they do it (Lupe)... or when they drop some shyt no one else in the game can and nikkaz say, "it was aight but he can do better" ignoring that no one else can (Lupe)

and people on here wonder why i post lyrics instead of songs but were talking lyrics not flow most of the time on here but flow has to do with lyrics because if u go over a ceartin amount of syllables in your lines that affects the flow and if your rhymes ain't on beat like hitting the kick instrumental or the snare then u ain't on beat u ain't in rhythm

Last edited:

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
and people on here wonder why i post lyrics instead of songs but were talking lyrics not flow most of the time on here but flow has to do with lyrics because if u go over a ceartin amount of syllables in your lines that affects the flow and if your rhymes ain't on beat like hitting kick instrumental or the snare then u ain't on beat.
TRK, they dont know about lyrics... thats why we gotta keep teachin em. Theyre lost.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
yes u do because if u don't count the syllables in the line how u gonna know if a rapper flow is choppy
or if u don't use bpm checker how u gonna know the speed of the song and better yet how u gonna know if a person rhymes ain't on beat with the kick and the snare u guys don't know shyt about the technical aspects of rapping !.
I trust my ear above all.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
we already showed that you miss shyt when you just listen... remember the "Down 4 whateva/aint nuthin nyce" line? See how I had to force you to realize the dopeness?
I'm sure I miss a reference here and there, we all do. Whether RD or that song was dope didn't hinge on that reference. If you've been listening to hip hop long enough you catch what you need to catch to evaluate a song/rapper.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
well that's u i don't do that for me i want to be correct so i check the lyrics first before anything then i listen to the song.
Yeah - that's all good. I'm not knocking your method at all. It's just that when I was coming up there was no way to check the lyrics before you heard the song - so you had to just evaluate the song. It's kind of like dj'ng with Serato, anybody can beat match using the program and lining it up, but some cats can beat match just based off ear.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
Yeah - that's all good. I'm not knocking your method at all. It's just that when I was coming up there was no way to check the lyrics before you heard the song - so you had to just evaluate the song. It's kind of like dj'ng with Serato, anybody can beat match using the program and lining it up, but some cats can beat match just based off ear.

that's cool do whatever works for you.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
I'm sure I miss a reference here and there, we all do. Whether RD or that song was dope didn't hinge on that reference. If you've been listening to hip hop long enough you catch what you need to catch to evaluate a song/rapper.
but its not just a reference, its a particular way of writing, its the set up to the reference, its the ability to make the line work in the context of the song even if you never catch the reference. But when youre missing shyt, you never get the full appreciation of the artist. That shyt takes work. Its not like ol buddy sayin any old random shyt that comes to mind. We're talking about people actually working at their craft.

Yeah, the shyt should be listenable. But when youre talking about lyricists and lyrics you are specifically talking about the lyrics on a page, not anything else. Those are the lyrics.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
so back to the topic at hand k dot is a good lyricist in terms of ability to put words together and make them rhyme
and make sense go he is a efficent writer and he don't rhyme the same word so he got a solid vocab and the pattern of his rhymes are different.

so he a great lyricist in terms of rhyming but he has weak metaphors wordplay and punchlines but he is a great ok hook writer and he has a great flow. so i grade him a C+ as a lyricist.