So how is a 1 hour lunch a flex again?

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
American work culture is poison. 9 hr work day. Working manufacturing and we get 2 10 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch. Takes me 4 minutes to walk to my lunch area. 30 minutes aint shyt.

On our 10 minute breaks, it takes me bout 5 minutes to go to the restroom and gotta wait for a stall/urinal to open up cause it's like 9 nikkas waiting in line to shyt/pee. shyt is depressing.
You will hate Japan and Korea then. Govt in Korea trying to offer a 67 hour workweek so the people can start fukking again.
:dahell:
In Japan, you don’t stop workin until your boss leaves the office. After you leave everybody goes drinking. It’s almost expected. You work from 9 to 7 or 8 then go drinking. You get back at 11 just to do it all over again.
:damn:
Europeans don’t be on that shyt. They be takin full blown 3 hour siestas. 32 hour work weeks.
:gladbron:
Don’t worry. AI will make it easier for everybody in the states.
:lolbron:
:francis:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I take an hour to an hour and a half depending on when my next scheduled patient appointment is. :manny:

I’m probably gonna transition to telemedicine in a couple of years so shyt like a lunch break won’t be a thought….
My Pops has a whole doctor based in Cali and he posts up in Florida. I didn’t know that was a thing. Doctor orders labs and outsource everything. Wildest thing.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
American work culture is poison. 9 hr work day. Working manufacturing and we get 2 10 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch. Takes me 4 minutes to walk to my lunch area. 30 minutes aint shyt.

On our 10 minute breaks, it takes me bout 5 minutes to go to the restroom and gotta wait for a stall/urinal to open up cause it's like 9 nikkas waiting in line to shyt/pee. shyt is depressing.

That's depressing breh, you can find a better job than that :scust:

If you don't mind talking on the phone and dealing with customers you can easily find some customer service WFH job

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Having to eat in 30 minutes, sucks. Especially if you gotta leave the office and run errands. I wfh, so I’d rather have the 30 and get it over with.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
I work from home but get the hour lunch. Works out well cause I can shoot some quick moves for my business midday. Would be rushing around and missing out on closing times for places like the post office if not for that. My previous job was salaried though with no real schedule so long as the work was done I could come in late, leave for lunch for a few hours and come back then leave early at end of day.

i miss those days

:mjcry:

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Weirdly enough, I started hourly before I got to salary here but I always took an hour lunch because my team didn't care.
Nothing really changed. It's a flex for some if they were hourly, though. But outside of college jobs, I usually had an hour regardless.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember when i first started working around 2009, you get a 9-5 with 1 hour lunch, then around 2011, i saw more and more jobs like 9-6 or 8-5, shyt i even saw a 10-7 schedule once but lunch isnt paid for anymore. Nowadays most companies dont pay for lunch which is fukkin dumb.