So has anyone actually beat MGS4? :wtf:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I own MGS4, but I've only played like the first 10 minutes of it :childplease:

I was like :mindblown: wtf is this? It's so different from MGS2 and 3.

Thing is, I have no clue what happens in the story after MGS3. Thus, when I watch these new trailers for MGS5, I'm like :ohhh: :why: :snoop: because I don't know who is who. I mean, I see two blonde haired nikkas that both look like liquid snake; I see two nikkas that look like Solid Snake, and I see some nikka running around with bandages on his head.

So is this game with big boss or does it take place straight after mgs4 or?

:mindblown:

Also, I dunno if I like these graphics for the game either :leostare:

Off topic, how is the MGS HD bundle for the ps3? I'm thinking about coppin' it.

When is MGS5 even coming out?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm in the same position as you and I played MGS1-4 with 3 being my favorite game of all time :snoop: I can't remember sequence of events for shyt.

MGS5 is slated to come out next year and like a sucka I'm getting that one as well.

I think all the confusion I have can be remedied by reading Metal Gear wikis.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I've beaten it about 3 times. It's a good game, the only mgs games I never beat were the portable ones. My biggest gripe with mgs4 were the cutscenes that took the immersion from the game.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
If the last games you played were 1-3, then your good. All the new games, after 4, have been prequels.... :mjpls:

And on topic: yea i have beat 4, and I still dont remember wth it was about. I'll run through it again when the legacy collection drops.

-DMP-

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
MGS4 was way too heavy on cut scenes. People might say that goes for the entire series after the first MGS but it never drained the gameplay. With each act in the game the gameplay got shorter and the cut scenes longer. Watching an hour long cutscene to do a five minute battle and then watch another half hour cut scene = FML.

Don't get me wrong though, in the end it's worth it.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
MGS4 was way too heavy on cut scenes. People might say that goes for the entire series after the first MGS but it never drained the gameplay. With each act in the game the gameplay got shorter and the cut scenes longer. Watching an hour long cutscene to do a five minute battle and then watch another half hour cut scene = FML.

Don't get me wrong though, in the end it's worth it.

Yeah that was my main gripe with the game. I swear one of the last cutscenes was 30+ minutes :russ:

That last boss battle though :ohlawd:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Metal Gear Solid 4 is a mess. Its a game that exist to retcon the plots of three individual games that are all unplanned sequels to each other. its a fun game at the same time but the plot is ridiculous.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in the same position as you and I played MGS1-4 with 3 being my favorite game of all time :snoop: I can't remember sequence of events for shyt.

MGS5 is slated to come out next year and like a sucka I'm getting that one as well.

I think all the confusion I have can be remedied by reading Metal Gear wikis.

I'm right there with you.I played 1-3 and stopped right there

I really have no idea what the fukk is going on:yeshrug:

But with Kojima, I know it's something :mindblown:

and I hate I'm missing out on it

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Metal Gear Solid 4 is a mess. Its a game that exist to retcon the plots of three individual games that are all unplanned sequels to each other. its a fun game at the same time but the plot is ridiculous.
weren't you one of the same cats going against the anti MGS IV crew on SOHH?

MGS4 is a disaster to me. It was probably the most hyped I ever have been for a game and Hideo dropped some BS. It's almost like he loves to troll us.

MGS1 - Indisputable classic
MGS2 - Great game, but annoyed so many people
MGS3 - Indisputable classic
MGS4 - :snoop:

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
i liked it. like said, really cutscene heavy but I didnt mind tho. I got invested into the experience.

and in case some havent played in a while they finally added trophies:yes:...but axed Metal Gear Online:deadmanny: its not even in the menu after the update. and no more of that load every chapter one at a time stuff.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
MGS4 is more of a "interactive movie" than a game. The cutscenes get so ridiculous that you actually start trying to get seen by bad guys so you can actually have action and use all the dope weapons and equipment you keep getting.

The story makes no sense but the end fight with ocelot is :whew: