So has anyone actually beat MGS4? :wtf:

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
I know I beat it, but I don't know what happened. I kept falling asleep during the cutscenes. So it was hard to follow what was happening.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
weren't you one of the same cats going against the anti MGS IV crew on SOHH?

MGS4 is a disaster to me. It was probably the most hyped I ever have been for a game and Hideo dropped some BS. It's almost like he loves to troll us.

MGS1 - Indisputable classic
MGS2 - Great game, but annoyed so many people
MGS3 - Indisputable classic
MGS4 - :snoop:
like i said its a fun game and i loved every minute of it but i can admit that the plot is a mess. part of it was you had to play it back in its time. we've advanced beyond graphics and storytelling like that. if you play something like Uncharted 2 and that came out a year later you'll realize that gaming advanced beyond that. you can tell a movie caliber story with great graphics without it being a ridiculous over the top mess.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
MGS3 is essentially the beginning. MGS3, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, and MGS5 are all gonna be Big Boss/Naked/Punished Snake. Following the establishment of The Patriots and how the Les Enfants Teribles(or however you spell it) project started.

MG1, MG 2, MGS 1, 2(for the few minutes you play as the real Snake before Solidus starts set trippin), and MGS 4 are Solid Snake.

4 is just a mess of retconned storyline and Raiden somehow being dope. Snake is old as fukk and Liquid Snake takes over Ocelot's body. Too many cutscenes, you better off getting the story off a wiki.

The only thing I remember really is they reveal that the Patriots was built from The Boss' will and that eventually nikkas started having two visions of what to do with the power they began to attain. Major Zero began fukking shyt up as a cause of it, while Big Boss wanted to maintain The Boss's main initial vision. Don't wanna delve too much into that cause that scene kind of a spoiler.

Also Solidus Snake=biggest recycled sacrifice of all time.

MGS V is gonna be so glorious I can't wait, open-world stealth espionage? :blessed:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
MGS4 was made for the longtime fans of the series which is why I enjoyed the shyt out of it, I can see why might hate it, MGS5 looks to be all about expanding gameplay and more cutscenes :lolbron:

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
I didn't sleep for 2 days ... All I remember is cut scenes about Sunnyside eggs.

How was MGS 4 a prequel? The plot was based on the was the real Snake, Naomi and Otacon

MGS time line is

MGS 3 -- > MGS 1 --- > MGS 2 ---- > MGS 4

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
MGS4 has the best gameplay in the series. I liked it a lot, but it's a shame they had so many goddamn cut-scenes in it.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Beat it the first week it dropped. It was epic!

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
hell yeah. only mgs game I finished. enjoyed it immensely. long cutscenes but they were beautiful cinema. I'd smoke a joint and eat doritos during them. the visuals throughout the game were great. still got the mgs 1-3 combo pack I purchased a month before mgs4 dropped. I need to run through those eventually....

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
So the truth finally comes out. People have been calling MGS 4 overrated for years yet Sony fanboy will still act as if this game is some sort of masterpiece. The last great Metal Gear Game was Metal Gear Solid 3. those that don't agree need their heads examined.

concise

Veteran
Daps
MGS4 was way too heavy on cut scenes. People might say that goes for the entire series after the first MGS but it never drained the gameplay. With each act in the game the gameplay got shorter and the cut scenes longer. Watching an hour long cutscene to do a five minute battle and then watch another half hour cut scene = FML.

Don't get me wrong though, in the end it's worth it.

I agree with everything but the last sentence.
It was NOT worth it.
Game was garbage. :trash:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I agree with everything but the last sentence.
It was NOT worth it.
Game was garbage. :trash:

Outside of the shyt at the very end with Big Boss it was dope. Snake crawling through that microwave corridor, the fight with Liquid/Ocelot, shyt brought a tear to a thug's eye.

:wow: