So Game of Thrones getting a spinoff series. What you hoping it will be?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
:russ:HBO just couldn't let this universe slip out of their hands not when they don't have a replacement for it. Westworld did not do what they thought it would.

What was Westworld supposed to do?

It's the highest viewed first season for any HBO show and received universal acclaim plus has won and is still nominated forad awards.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The show is overall CGI heavy even without the dragons not to mention how much the actors get per episode. They would be better having a spin off focusing heavily on the political machinations occurring in the court.

spin off = cheaper actors/actresses

• Peter Dinklage: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million
  • Kit Harington: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million
  • Lena Headey: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million
  • Emilia Clarke: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million
  • Nicolaj Coster-Waldau: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
spin off = cheaper actors/actresses

• Peter Dinklage: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million
  • Kit Harington: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million
  • Lena Headey: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million
  • Emilia Clarke: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million
  • Nicolaj Coster-Waldau: $2.6 million x 7 episodes = $18.2 million

Dam these nikkas are eating well from the show.:wow:, how long do they shoot for? I heard the battle of the b*stards took 29 days to film so I am guessing the show takes up a lot of their time. No wonder Rob Stark actor was crying on his way home after his last day on set.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
What was Westworld supposed to do?

It's the highest viewed first season for any HBO show and received universal acclaim plus has won and is still nominated forad awards.
:ooh:I didn't know it was highly received like that, I just knew that prior to release it was poised as the show that would replace GOT and then a few episodes in I noticed the buzz kind of died down so assumed it had fallen off. Reminds me I will need to finish season 1.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show is overall CGI heavy even without the dragons not to mention how much the actors get per episode. They would be better having a spin off focusing heavily on the political machinations occurring in the court.
The show is not cgi heavy when you add up the eps

Apex

Banned
Daps
I think they have this generations Star Wars on their hands in terms of what they can do with it, but hopefully unlike Star Wars they veer in a completely different direction, so no prequels or sequels to this story, but something set in that world would be cool. They have a world that allows for a wide range of freedom on what they want to do, I think a Roberts Rebellion would be dope, but that would end up being just a high drama medieval show because the fantasy elements arent there. Also, there's not as much suspense, because we know what's going to happen based on what happens in this show, no matter how bleak it could look for Ned or Robert we know that the threat of them dying isn't there.
This generation's Star Wars is the Marvel Cinematic Universe imo.

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
I keep hoping that we'll get a Robert's Rebellion prequel but I doubt that's gonna happen :sadcam:

If anything it'll be some ' A Day in the Life' of the common people shyt. Getting away from the political scheming and fukkery of King's Landing.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep hoping that we'll get a Robert's Rebellion prequel but I doubt that's gonna happen :sadcam:

If anything it'll be some ' A Day in the Life' of the common people shyt. Getting away from the political scheming and fukkery of King's Landing.
They've confirmed that Robert's Rebellion ain't happening. But with the amount of hype and mythos that's built around it, y'all don't really want that like you think you do tbh

The Rebellion is better as lore at this point

I have seen a cgi before and after and trust it's CGI heavy. There are some scenes you wouldn't even know have CGI that do. There is CGI in almost every scene of the show.
:ehh:

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
They've confirmed that Robert's Rebellion ain't happening. But with the amount of hype and mythos that's built around it, y'all don't really want that like you think you do tbh

The Rebellion is better as lore at this point

:ehh:

Word. shyt could end up with some The Clone Wars quality bullshyt :merchant:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
My real choices have already been thrown out but just to switch it up a bit, how about a series all about Faceless Men assassinations and espionage??

Since they are an international organization, one season can take place in essos, another season in the summer isles, another season in yi ti, another season in Westeros. Or mix it up and have certain events taking place in one region, and other separate but ultimately connected events on a different continent .

Faceless men killing rulers, taking their faces and impersonating them, fanning the flames of civil wars. Pretty much a show that takes the best of Littlefinger, Varys, and Jacquen, without the bullshyt of Arya's training.
Or...

Expanding on this idea.

How about a show called "The Iron Bank" and it's all about the group of mega wealthy investors that run the iron bank? According to the world of ice and fire lore book, they have secret councils with a chairman of sorts, and men and women are on the council (big for a potential show because women are major characters in the GoT and no one would want a sausage fest). Make the series about them, and their agendas.

People always ask "what happens when they don't pay the iron bank? or "why is Tywin shook of the Iron Bank?"

Create a series specifically about what the 1% of planetos do to the world leaders that fukk them over.

They are pretty much the illuminati of asoiaf, as the economy of most of the world powers depend on them, and they have magical face shifting assassins that they can employ to do their bidding, so the series can take place in every single region that matters.

Create a plot where there is some political infighting within the Iron Bank itself, maybe even a "who dunit?" murder mystery in the pilot, where the chairman of the Iron Bank is found brutally murdered in the rainy streets of Braavos. And to escalate the events, the Iron Bank itself was robbed successfully for the first time:damn:

And what results is a "war of the five kings" sort of scenario, but it's not to sit the Iron Throne, it's to become the defacto leader of the Iron Bank, thus a fight to become, in spirit, the king of the world.

I just thought way too much about this.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well they should start from the very beginning then

That way they have more room for more prequels