So flight sim is 4k/120fps on series X, is this well known or nah?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So been 90-120 means 105 average but in the video they said about 110 average :stopitslime:

Now nowhere in your reply do you even mention VRR. Why do Sony gamers omit VRR every chance they get? Talk about exaggerate, nikka, I got vrr running and let me tell you what's good since you omit and probably can't comprehend things too good :therethere:

It's a little wonky during the menus, not sure how much is the game or my TV. It's manageable, then once you're into the game? Smooth. There was a hiccup when it immediately began, then runs smooth 4k/120 for me :hula: for me. Game looks great in any hd resolution so if it's less? Ok, is it still good? Are most games less than 4k/120 in the history of gaming? Is the ps5 less powerful? Then what is the debate here, an I getting 4k/120 with VRR? Yes I am, you mad about that? Cuz I got mountains or REDSKINS for you if so :king:

I have, I was letting my brother try it and had it on easy. Then I took over, seen the stadium and wanted to see if I could land on the field :pachaha:but didn't expect to see the logo and name still intact (blurred a bit but recognizable)
You're still lying. It's between 50-120 and rarely touching 120 - in SPARSE areas - with a lot of stuttering. They even talk about the number being shown on the LG frequency menu as not being representative of the actual running frame rate - it's running worse than what the readout reports. I don't have a problem with image reconstruction techniques - you do. You spend a lot of time shytting on them and games that use them. It's just funny now that you're okay with them. This game is a far cry from native 2160p/120fps and that's what *you* guys were hyping. Not me.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
The tip toeing in that DF video. :dead:

Temporal upscaling and using VRR numbers in the framerate discussion. :dead: :dead: Kind of jacked when the whole vibe of the video is "it's not that bad".

Truthfully, they should just lock both to 1080p internally and use the leftover RAM on the Series X in saved space for better caching.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You're still lying. It's between 50-120 and rarely touching 120 - in SPARSE areas - with a lot of stuttering. They even talk about the number being shown on the LG frequency menu as not being representative of the actual running frame rate - it's running worse than what the readout reports. I don't have a problem with image reconstruction techniques - you do. You spend a lot of time shytting on them and games that use them. It's just funny now that you're okay with them. This game is a far cry from native 2160p/120fps and that's what *you* guys were hyping. Not me.
First off, how the fukk you gonna tell me how it is when I have it :wtf:

I'll say it again, flawless. And for the second straight time you say nothing about VRR.

Do you know what VRR is? There is a reason you don't mention it, it's like y'all took a pact to never speak of it. Well I got it and because of it the pictures smooth. You wanna claim it's not when digital foundry already said it is means :umad: And again, you clearly don't understand what VRR does so read up on that then tell yourself "my bad"

As for reconstruction techniques, you do realize not all games are alike. What this game is doing makes other games indie titles in comparison. Only you thought it should be 4k/120 or bust, I never said that. Certain games should be that and the truth is the PS5 isn't capable of it. So you're salty, you was certain the PS5 was more powerful and fully backwards compatible too :mjlol:

Anyways, I don't care about the bullshyt you talking about because that's 3rd world Sony problems. I think I'm gonna fly over a favela to pay you a visit :handshake:
The tip toeing in that DF video. :dead:

Temporal upscaling and using VRR numbers in the framerate discussion. :dead: :dead: Kind of jacked when the whole vibe of the video is "it's not that bad".

Truthfully, they should just lock both to 1080p internally and use the leftover RAM on the Series X in saved space for better caching.
Hi, actual series x owner here. The game is flawless 4k/30 right. Flawless.

Has an uncapped mode, hits 4k/120

Averages over 100

With VRR it's damn smooth, with the only problems I've faced was before you get into the game. During the gameplay it's hiccup free (99%)

And your recommendation is that they lower it to 1080p :dahell:

Like you don't think in time with an update they couldn't get better performance? :usure:
They not even using all the features it will be using by years end. I usually respect your opinion on these things believe it or not, but I know you're wrong here. I'll leave it at that :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
VRR doesn't boost frame rates

you confusing with DLSS from NVIDIA, and the AMDs version of it called FSR which runs the game at lower resolution and uses AI to fill in the missing pixels so you can play in higher frame rates

all VRR does is matching your screen to what the game is outputting in real time so it makes it smoother

So if the frame rate drops to 30 frames, your screens refresh rate will change in real time to 30hz so you don't notice any slowdown, and when the frame rate goes back up the refresh rate goes back up as well to keep up

It does not in anyway shape or form make game run at a higher frame rate, but it doesn't make it run much smoother

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Game looks boring as fukk id rather cop the next gen gta 5 and fly those planes instead so i can fukk nikkas up from above

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game looks boring as fukk id rather cop the next gen gta 5 and fly those planes instead so i can fukk nikkas up from above

Because on PC this how you are suppose to play it this
This game ain't for broke nikkaz

Its just software you need the hardware to build the rest of the simulator

Xbox don't support multiple monitors so will have to get like an ultrawide monitor or something to build your rig if you use xbox

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
First off, how the fukk you gonna tell me how it is when I have it :wtf:

I'll say it again, flawless. And for the second straight time you say nothing about VRR.

Do you know what VRR is? There is a reason you don't mention it, it's like y'all took a pact to never speak of it. Well I got it and because of it the pictures smooth. You wanna claim it's not when digital foundry already said it is means :umad: And again, you clearly don't understand what VRR does so read up on that then tell yourself "my bad"

As for reconstruction techniques, you do realize not all games are alike. What this game is doing makes other games indie titles in comparison. Only you thought it should be 4k/120 or bust, I never said that. Certain games should be that and the truth is the PS5 isn't capable of it. So you're salty, you was certain the PS5 was more powerful and fully backwards compatible too :mjlol:

Anyways, I don't care about the bullshyt you talking about because that's 3rd world Sony problems. I think I'm gonna fly over a favela to pay you a visit :handshake:

Hi, actual series x owner here. The game is flawless 4k/30 right. Flawless.

Has an uncapped mode, hits 4k/120

Averages over 100

With VRR it's damn smooth, with the only problems I've faced was before you get into the game. During the gameplay it's hiccup free (99%)

Like you don't think in time with an update they couldn't get better performance? :usure:
They not even using all the features it will be using by years end. I usually respect your opinion on these things believe it or not, but I know you're wrong here. I'll leave it at that :manny:
I've never seen so much arrogant ignorance in one post.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

The game is rendered at 1440p and is being upscaled to 4K (not native) and kept around 30fps. 60FPS locked should be achievable being honest here. Offer up a mode with the internal res as 1080p on full ultra and I'm sure they can keep it locked and cache more in RAM. The Series S does this sans the upscale, and is smoother at the expense of some scene quality. If anything, it would boost the Series X version to be able to hit all the marketing targets while being the best performing of the bunch and you don't need to further refine the code. There's also the potential for cheaper upscaling using the internal res of 1080p as the math works out better. 1440p doesn't cleanly multiply into 2160p like 1080p does. The temporal upscaling does a good enough job, but I think it could be cheaper and similar quality at the lower res as it divides cleanly. There'd be further blur, but at the requested output TV it wouldn't be an issue.

Series X clearly has the horsepower for it. They should showcase it better.

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Digital Foundry admits Xbox Series X Flight Sim VRR is definitely not getting anywhere near 120fps &amp; the real FPS is either Half or EVEN 1/3 of VRR reading. <br><br>PC test did hit 120<br><br>Also admit their VRR tools may be totally inaccurate &amp; there&#39;s no way of actually testing VRR FPS <a href="https://t.co/k81WFuTTAT">pic.twitter.com/k81WFuTTAT</a></p>&mdash; THE RED DRAGON (@TWTHEREDDRAGON) <a href="">August 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Ok, let's get into it...
VRR doesn't boost frame rates

you confusing with DLSS from NVIDIA, and the AMDs version of it called FSR which runs the game at lower resolution and uses AI to fill in the missing pixels so you can play in higher frame rates

all VRR does is matching your screen to what the game is outputting in real time so it makes it smoother

So if the frame rate drops to 30 frames, your screens refresh rate will change in real time to 30hz so you don't notice any slowdown, and when the frame rate goes back up the refresh rate goes back up as well to keep up

It does not in anyway shape or form make game run at a higher frame rate, but it doesn't make it run much smoother
I don't think anybody thought VRR actually adds frames but it gives off the illusion that it is. It's the reason why it exist, it's why it's used at all. Because it works...
I've never seen so much arrogant ignorance in one post.
And yet I haven't been proven wrong on anything :sitdown:
This is a dude who talked shyt about OLEDs, and now that he has his budget OLED you can’t tell him shyt
I love the lies because then others will repeat what you said. How did I shyt on OLED sir, I'm listening :popcorn: To fast forward your lies, show the post where I say 1080p is the max we can see and then find where I say 1080p sets get the newest tech. Otherwise I tried to educate you dumbasses but it's not possible :francis:
The game is rendered at 1440p and is being upscaled to 4K (not native) and kept around 30fps. 60FPS locked should be achievable being honest here. Offer up a mode with the internal res as 1080p on full ultra and I'm sure they can keep it locked and cache more in RAM. The Series S does this sans the upscale, and is smoother at the expense of some scene quality. If anything, it would boost the Series X version to be able to hit all the marketing targets while being the best performing of the bunch and you don't need to further refine the code. There's also the potential for cheaper upscaling using the internal res of 1080p as the math works out better. 1440p doesn't cleanly multiply into 2160p like 1080p does. The temporal upscaling does a good enough job, but I think it could be cheaper and similar quality at the lower res as it divides cleanly. There'd be further blur, but at the requested output TV it wouldn't be an issue.

Series X clearly has the horsepower for it. They should showcase it better.
You're acting like it's struggling at 4k/60+ when it's not so no matter how elaborate you say it? You can't trump it when better is available already :ufdup:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Digital Foundry admits Xbox Series X Flight Sim VRR is definitely not getting anywhere near 120fps &amp; the real FPS is either Half or EVEN 1/3 of VRR reading. <br><br>PC test did hit 120<br><br>Also admit their VRR tools may be totally inaccurate &amp; there&#39;s no way of actually testing VRR FPS <a href="https://t.co/k81WFuTTAT">pic.twitter.com/k81WFuTTAT</a></p>&mdash; THE RED DRAGON (@TWTHEREDDRAGON) <a href="">August 2, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Let me make this clear, this video proves my point and not yours. I seen this entire video and not just the out of context clip you posted. They are talking about how the frame rate drops in heavily populated areas. He's talking about downtown London in that video, then they go to Everest and at the end he says he believes Everest and any other place that is more difficult to do he believes IS CAPPED AT 60FPS :win:

Less taxing areas you can get up near 120, now go watch the video in it's entirety and you'll catch all the details instead of taking one detail out of context. The fact it's cut like that is Sony stans on the loose :laff: Now I can speak on this because I'm living proof...

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I love the lies because then others will repeat what you said. How did I shyt on OLED sir, I'm listening :popcorn: To fast forward your lies, show the post where I say 1080p is the max we can see and then find where I say 1080p sets get the newest tech. Otherwise I tried to educate you dumbasses but it's not possible :francis:

I’m referring to this shyt you said:

So when did look at 8k at length to notice a difference to say that? What image are you comparing? Cuz those 1080p showcase videos look identical to the 4k ones. It's the hdr that makes a difference in these 4k sets bruh.

Speaking of sets and what we know, the 2020 model of thre tcl 6 series and up uses mini led which is BETTER THAN OLED. Oled has 700 zones, mini led has over a 1000. They were unveiled at ces. They will also be next gen ready with things like vrr/etc.

These TVs will still be in thre budget range so expect to pay like 1200 for a 65in

To then this thread you made:

Now that I'm a certified baller, I reckon it's time I floss on deez nikkaz

My bad, you only spoke that a mid tier TCL TV will have tech better than a high end OLED, only to buy a low tier OLED and make a dumb ass thread later in the year trying to flex on people who have better TVs.

Oops:smh: