So EA refuses to make another Fight Night but

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
There's a simple way around this... they could give us NCAA back as well...

All they have to do is release a game of generic players with no stats and such and let the guys that take pride in creating the rosters do their thing and let people download the rosters when they create them

Same could be done with Fight night, generic boxers and let the people create the boxers and upload them so people can download a roster...

EA wouldn't be responsible for anything since they didn't put any real players in the game, they didn't use any likenesses, they could do the same with schools and conferences too if needed

Charge $10 for the damn disc or download

fukk YOU ED O'BANNON YOU PIECE OF shyt

I'll :piss:on your grave
Fight Night Champion has a pretty good CAB feature, but clearly would need to be the focus of the entire development to be able to get it to a point in where you can customize every single feature down to custom tats

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
2K already tried that and shyt is whack and failed

220px-Don_king_boxing.jpg

Plus their WWE games are trash

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
I'd pay 100 + for this and a college sorts game

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I bought UFC during Black Friday but only played it once. They should just do a boxing game with mostly created fighters with a detailed create a fight mode like WWE where you can just download real fighters. This is EA though. :comeon:
There is literally no excuse not to do that...

Some say the reason they haven't is because you need to put a known face on the cover, nobody would buy a boxing game with made up fighters...

Remind me again who was on the cover of FNC? :stopitslime:

Never mind half the roster of FNC was actually fictional boxers with the real ones repeated in multiple divisions (3 pacquiaos 3 Durans, 2 Bhops, 2 RJJ etc)...That game still moved more units than any EA UFC game to date...I bet most those real boxers in FNC are still under contract, I know for a fact Ali and Tyson still are...

So from a money investment standpoint how much are you actually putting up here? The biggest pocket drainers are roster and gameplay...If you're repeating the FNC formula, fictional fighters with a few real ones you still have on contract that cost is completely mitigated...From a gameplay standpoint you already have a strong refined standup engine in place with UFC...So you're literally just cutting out all the bullshyt ground game trash, adding a few more punch animations and further refinement from a boxing standpoint...I would be happy if they just release FNC again with better footwork...How much financial investment is needed for that?

So you're not putting up that much money upfront here to the point you can say it can't be profitable...

You just made a significant profit off FNC by releasing it on Xbox One...The idea the same folk that spent money on an 8 year old boxing game wouldn't buy a new one with fictional boxers is nonsense...

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
I don't even think it would take that much to get some of these fighters to appear in Fight Night. I have a feeling it wouldn't take nothing but a phone call to get Deontay Wilder added to the new game. EA need to get Al Haymon on the phone and start wheeling and dealing.

Worst case scenario, EA should just follow the Fire Pro Wrestling model and make the game like that. Or add fake names like they used to do on WCW/NWO back on the N64.

If EA announces UFC 4 before a new boxing game, there will be hell to pay. The backlash and the dislikes would be astronomical.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Could they at least give us a remaster of Championship or would have have to pay the boxers again to even do that?

It's not right for this console generation to pass by without a boxing game. I'll never buy another UFC game made by EA again until they give us a boxing game. I bought the first one but refused to buy part 2 or 3.

How did they pull off the previous Fight Nights without having to break the bank paying the boxers to use their likeness?

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
I just wanna riddikk bowe boxing sequel or remaster. Throw in some classic boxers like ali, tyson and joe lewis. I played the hell out that game on snes

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
There is literally no excuse not to do that.

There actually is. A company like EA isn’t gonna take on the development of a project like this unless they sell a ton of games. The reality is that the few of us who would pay for that game doesn’t really translate to a large amount.

The lack of success of the last Fight Night has current EA leadership thinking a boxing game isn’t worth it. They feel UFC is more popular, plus they can get all the big names. Lastly they feel a boxing game will unnecessary because the MMA game. They literally think both crowds are the same.

I know all of this because I’ve talked to people internally who’ve been pushing for this for awhile. These video game companies are as political as a regular corporation

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
The funny thing is MMA fans don’t even won’t them in the game. Because of course in standup they will smoke everyone. They are bytching about them adding it over on the OS forums