So Does Coli Also Think NBA 2K11 Is The Best 2K Game OAT?

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
your trying to change the narrative here, im talking about 2K11 from a technical stand point (the gameplay). 2K11's "momentum" was due to the fact that EA cancelled their 2011 installment and it was the only NBA sim on the market.2k11 didn't "come out swinging" lmao they just improved from what was an overall piece of shyt game the previous year (2k10). 2k momentum is owed to 2k9 because it was head and shoulders above live 09. 2k11's exploits were to standout and overpowered for you to just cop out and say "oh, well other 2k games had exploits so you just have to deal with it" foh. 2k11 started the cheese/ abusive shyt and it didn't die down til 2k13 came out, THATS 2 years of overpowered animations that can't be stopped but we have to shut the fukk up and accept it because its the only NBA sim in the stores. but people want to claim 2k11 is the greatest 2k installment ever?! go fukk yourself

It didn't die down with 2k13, that game, altho fun, was full of cheese. Unstoppable dunks, backcourt charges, and broken 3pt shooting. I'm sorry but yall ain't bout to pretend like 2k13 was that great because it wasnt.

It's all opinions but 2k11 was the closest we got to a complete game that actually WORKED like it was supposed to. Every game since then has been full of broken modes and shytty online for quick matches. 2k11 shoulda been the base they stuck with and just built off of it. I remember 2k12 was one of the most disappointing experiences I ever had with 2k.

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
It didn't die down with 2k13, that game, altho fun, was full of cheese. Unstoppable dunks, backcourt charges, and broken 3pt shooting. I'm sorry but yall ain't bout to pretend like 2k13 was that great because it wasnt.

It's all opinions but 2k11 was the closest we got to a complete game that actually WORKED like it was supposed to. Every game since then has been full of broken modes and shytty online for quick matches. 2k11 shoulda been the base they stuck with and just built off of it. I remember 2k12 was one of the most disappointing experiences I ever had with 2k.

you are delusional if you think that 2k13 has JUST as much exploits as 2k11
by the time 13 came the euro step cheese was virtually gone from the gameplay
back court charging isn't even a exploit nikka just pay attention and stop rushing when you have the ball
the spin dunking animation started from 16ft away from the rim in 2k11 (look at the vids I posted)
that was gone in 2k13 so idk wtf you talking about? opinions are opinions but what im talking about here is actual fact and can be see in the games 2k11 was no where near "complete" lmao.

"game that actually WORKED like it was supposed to"

dawg did you not watch the vids I posted ? the offense is broken. point blank period

(this video by mrpurple0 explains it perfectly

go to 00:27)

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
you are delusional if you think that 2k13 has JUST as much exploits as 2k11
by the time 13 came the euro step cheese was virtually gone from the gameplay
back court charging isn't even a exploit nikka just pay attention and stop rushing when you have the ball
the spin dunking animation started from 16ft away from the rim in 2k11 (look at the vids I posted)
that was gone in 2k13 so idk wtf you talking about? opinions are opinions but what im talking about here is actual fact and can be see in the games 2k11 was no where near "complete" lmao.

"game that actually WORKED like it was supposed to"

dawg did you not watch the vids I posted ? the offense is broken. point blank period

(this video by mrpurple0 explains it perfectly

go to 00:27)

Man backcourt charges have been a problem since 2k12 and only recently got fixed in 2k15.

When I say it WORKED, I mean all the game modes functioned as they were intended as in THEY ACTUALLY WORKED most the time. Since then there has always been at least one mode in these games that is broken or barely functions. We didn't have our save files tied into 2Ks trash servers so we had access to them all the time. There was also no VC in 2k11.

I'm sorry but removing the ability to block dunks was worse than any problem 2k11 had. 2k13 was basically NBA Jam playing online. I'd rather play a 2k11 cheeser than 2k13 one

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
Man backcourt charges have been a problem since 2k12 and only recently got fixed in 2k15.

When I say it WORKED, I mean all the game modes functioned as they were intended as in THEY ACTUALLY WORKED most the time. Since then there has always been at least one mode in these games that is broken or barely functions. We didn't have our save files tied into 2Ks trash servers so we had access to them all the time. There was also no VC in 2k11.

I'm sorry but removing the ability to block dunks was worse than any problem 2k11 had. 2k13 was basically NBA Jam playing online. I'd rather play a 2k11 cheeser than 2k13 one

ain't nobody praising 2k13, at least not me because that's not my point here
im not discussing game modes and servers im talking strictly gameplay
even with the bad blocking on 13 there was still an aspect of defense in the game where as in 11 you can't shyt about the euro step and spin dunk
once the animation starts for a spin dunk it's an automatic two points, the fact that this can be done at will with a number of players in the game is sickening and the same goes for the euro step (either they make it/ get fouled/ or both) I literally cannot do anything against that. those 2 major exploits don't exist in 13 at all or at least nowhere the extent of 11. if anything 11 was the NBA Jam on 2k games

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I can't believe I found a "used" copy in pristine condition. :banderas:

I played the fukk outta my 360 copy that the ring broke off some pieces; plus it was scratched to death. I tried installing it on my system but it would stop at like 95%. It would load up, but I could only play some of the intro game. :mjcry:

Stopped at a Goodwill today and saw it for $5.99. :whew:

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Always felt either 2k11 or 2k7...

2k7 there was alot of bs but there was somthing to counter it so if you knew how to play it came down to basket ball iq

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it was…I wonder why they stopped the jordan/player challenges after a while?

but ya that game single-handedly got me into 2k “for life”…I think 12 and 14 are the only ones I’ve missed since 11…prior to that I’d only played 2k2 I think it was…the one that had AI on the cover

*edit*

lol AI was on the first 4 covers but it was either 2k2 or 2k3

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I love it, but, I do stan it too much.

2K16 was great.

I just miss the simple MyPlayer mode. But, I can't act like there weren't better 2Ks.

I prolly played 2k11 for 6 years.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Of course the gameplay is outdated compared to now, but 2k11 is still the most fun I've had with a 2k game.

The online lobbies from this game were the best in the series.

An underrated part of this game were the shot releases, u had to learn everybody's shot because they were so unique....ahead of its time.

The Jordan mode :banderas:

No VC :wow:

It's the last 2k they made for the ppl.