So Capcom vs SNK 3 was supposedly once in development

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember letting a kid beat me at it at a local pizza hut. The same pizza hut where I lost ALL my money at Fatal Fury trying to beat Geese.

6 years ago I tried taking 3 of my friends there to find out it was closed. Also found out a girl had cancer.

Of those 3 friends 1 remains. He turned 30 today.

Fatal Fury :bryan: that takes me back...Joe Higashi was my main and yeah just like all SNK bosses, Geese was frustrating as fukk. It was like he was psychic with his counters :wow: I love Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 the most though, so polished

I can relate, had a lot of friends in the arcade that I grew up with, and we dispersed for the most part when the arcade closed 2 years ago. As far as I know they're alive though

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Casual gamers? Sure. The FGC? Couldnt be more wrong. KOF has a pretty solid scene and the new Sam Sho is about to drop. Not to mention the crossover characters they have out. SNK is growing again...

I maintain that SNKs biggest failure as a company was not expanding beyond fighting games.

They released an entire console with hella original IPs and 80% of them are fighting games and 20% is Metal Slug.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I maintain that SNKs biggest failure as a company was not expanding beyond fighting games.

They released an entire console with hella original IPs and 80% of them are fighting games and 20% is Metal Slug.
Neo Geo had tons of other types of games, they didn't catch on.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
SNK didnt really go all in on them though.

A lot of them were quick jump in jump out arcade games that were really shallow. There was a few that werent like that but they didnt have sequels or anything.
Some did. Those MVS arcade machines that had 3 to 5 games certainly had usage stats. Between that, and cart sales, they probably went with what was getting played. You have to remember, this was in the SF2 craze days, so fighting games were running shyt then.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the height of KOF XIII would have been best for a new CVS game but right now SNK has so many characters loaned out to other games that it wouldn't be a bad time either. Tekken, DOA, a ton of mobile games in Asia. I would love to see it.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Casual gamers? Sure. The FGC? Couldnt be more wrong. KOF has a pretty solid scene and the new Sam Sho is about to drop. Not to mention the crossover characters they have out. SNK is growing again...

:snoop: Other than your opinion what do you got backing that up that casuals aren’t checking for SNK?

Sinister

Banned
Daps
At the height of KOF XIII would have been best for a new CVS game but right now SNK has so many characters loaned out to other games that it wouldn't be a bad time either. Tekken, DOA, a ton of mobile games in Asia. I would love to see it.
But Capcom are major a$$holes to other companies and their customers too.

Capcom firing the ghost developers who were working on the original unreleased version of the Sega Genesis Street Fighter II.

Holding off on its release so SNES turbo could come out first

Them fining and destroying crawfish entertainment for taking the time to make an excellent GBA alpha 3

shytting on Ed Boon and his attempts to make MK vs SF

shytting on Sirlin denying his SFIV ideas and denying his request for use of their characters

The entire SNK deal

Them backing out of supporting Sega...particularly 32x

It could be good gaming but the way Capcom operates I can't see SNK jumping at the chance. Capcom either.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
:snoop: Other than your opinion what do you got backing that up that casuals aren’t checking for SNK?
Their abysmally low numbers.

Not just in comparison to AAA video games like Call of Duty or Red Dead or fighting games like Tekken, SF, or MK but even in contrast to SNK's 90s success.