So All The Kids bytchin About NBA Jam Cheating Weren’t Wrong :ohhh:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
fukking computer cheating you in Street Fighter 2 on 7 stars

Guile flash kicking you instantaneously, M. Bison leg kicking you to death and motherfukking TIGER ass Sagat TIGERing you to death

Why won’t they let me win:mjcry:

Sagat was an a$$hole.

I think it was Alpha 3 where they gave Bison a full screen super and could do it in reverse

:russ:

:mjcry:

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
13-F5995-A-A3-AD-4-ACE-A144-C0-B863896-B7-C.jpg

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I didn't know how to star punch back then. :yeshrug:

Never liked Donkey Kong, it was Yoshi for me. The A.I. would have a bungee cord attached to first place

:russ:

You the pre-Ps1 goat

:martin:
I didn't care for koopa/donkey Kong either but you learn after extensive play VERSUS FRIENDS (that's important) that the fastest guy was those two and after you get the controls down you can't win against them if you're not using them yourself. My man's Luke was first to figure that out.... RIP :to:
yeah GUILE and BISON was b*stards for that shyt... How you do a sonic boom and a flash kick within nano seconds at the same time?!?:bryan::dahell:
hold back then forward down position for the sonic then immediately rolling up. There's possibly something I'm forgetting but guile is my go to and I used to pull that move off all the time. I understand the computer would cheese at higher difficulties but that one move you described is humanly possible

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember spending all day trying to figure out a code that would unlock secret characters. I finally got one with AIRDOG :ooh: It was some tiny cac :mjlol: But I didn't see it published in gaming mags for months. Good times :mjcry:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
You know... this isn't news :gucci:

Ok, now I gotta correct you on this hyper bowl :stop:
This was established from jump pretty much, it's called computer assistance and you could turn it off before you go into picking teams. If you turned it off you could blow your opponent out and that was achieved on many many many occasions. My being an elite gamer in my youth, I had the highest score total on the east coast in the blockbuster video game world championships. The 3 games we played to qualify was NBA jam, clay fighter 2 I think and TMNT tournament fighters. So I have to travel to like Baltimore or somewhere for the regionals. The event staff knows who I am because I'm literally the favorite. I make sure they turn the assistance off and I crush my first round opponent. In Rd 2 I'm playing this little kid. I tell a different person this time to turn the assistance off and they act like they don't understand blah blah blah. fukk it, let's play. I'm 12 the other kid is like 8. I take an early lead but that damn assistance gives him the win.

I'm salty about it till this day bruh :martin:
Lol watch the video, it explains about computer assistance, that didn’t matter, the books were cooked regardless

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
fukking computer cheating you in Street Fighter 2 on 7 stars

Guile flash kicking you instantaneously, M. Bison leg kicking you to death and motherfukking TIGER ass Sagat TIGERing you to death

Why won’t they let me win:mjcry:

yeah GUILE and BISON was b*stards for that shyt... How you do a sonic boom and a flash kick within nano seconds at the same time?!?:bryan::dahell:

Guile was ridiculous, especially if you fought against him as one of the last characters before Sagat and Bison. CPU would be standing up so you'd feel safe to jump forward with an attack and without crouching or charging, you're getting countered with a flash kick. :dwillhuh: :bryan: :damn:

That shyt had me HEATED as a kid. He was damn near impossible in the arcades.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rubberbanding still sucks.
I remember playing NBA2k and was beating Philly. My guys started blowing dunks and layups and Ben Simmons hit two 3s in the last minute to go up by 1. I turned that shyt off and haven't been back since.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:martin:

cliffs: There’s code in the game that give your shots/CPU shots a higher percentage when down and various mechanics that make it so the CPU will mostly always come back and a massive boost for game winners/tying

It's called rubber band AI elasticity. This is nothing new.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Bruh I been playing the NBA Jam Arcade1Up cabinet at my sister in laws. I play NBA Hangtime and it pisses me off. Like I shouldn't be getting angry at this old ass game but you can tell when the cheats enter.