So All The Kids bytchin About NBA Jam Cheating Weren’t Wrong :ohhh:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
:martin:

cliffs: There’s code in the game that give your shots/CPU shots a higher percentage when down and various mechanics that make it so the CPU will mostly always come back and a massive boost for game winners/tying

EDIT: it’s more complicated than that, watch the video

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Not the only game that did this. I remember playing live way back and the computer had yao ming hitting game winners from half court :francis:

In NBA 2K11 I had a fantasy draft season and Yao ming on the hawks hit a turnaround 3 point game winner while heavily guarded I was sooooo heated:bryan:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
all arcade games have settings like this. It's really up the machine owner if they want ramp up the difficulty/cheats or not.
I got a mortal Kombat machine that i can do the same thing with.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the only game that did this. I remember playing live way back and the computer had yao ming hitting game winners from half court :francis:
In old live games there was a option called “keep games close” which would always bring the cpu back if you were beating it by 20+

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
all arcade games have settings like this. It's really up the machine owner if they want ramp up the difficulty/cheats or not.
I got a mortal Kombat machine that i can do the same thing with.
You can’t disable it in NBA Jam, it’s in the code, there’s an option to turn it off in the menu but it only turns it down a little bit

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

cliffs: There’s code in the game that give your shots/CPU shots a higher percentage when down and various mechanics that make it so the CPU will mostly always come back and a massive boost for game winners/tying

You know... this isn't news :gucci:
You can’t disable it in NBA Jam, it’s in the code, there’s an option to turn it off in the menu but it only turns it down a little bit
Ok, now I gotta correct you on this hyper bowl :stop:
This was established from jump pretty much, it's called computer assistance and you could turn it off before you go into picking teams. If you turned it off you could blow your opponent out and that was achieved on many many many occasions. My being an elite gamer in my youth, I had the highest score total on the east coast in the blockbuster video game world championships. The 3 games we played to qualify was NBA jam, clay fighter 2 I think and TMNT tournament fighters. So I have to travel to like Baltimore or somewhere for the regionals. The event staff knows who I am because I'm literally the favorite. I make sure they turn the assistance off and I crush my first round opponent. In Rd 2 I'm playing this little kid. I tell a different person this time to turn the assistance off and they act like they don't understand blah blah blah. fukk it, let's play. I'm 12 the other kid is like 8. I take an early lead but that damn assistance gives him the win.

I'm salty about it till this day bruh :martin:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The first time I ever remember throwing my controller was playing this game at the hardest difficulty, me scoring a basket to put me up by two, then the computer inbounding and swishing a under-handed, full court shot at the buzzer.

I loved this game, but fukk this game for that :mad:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
What an era, NFL Blitz and Mario Kart rubber banding, Mrotal Kombat predictive A.I., Mike Tyson.

Developers hated kids

:russ:
I need explanations here

Mario Kart CPU could and would get lapped if you used donkey Kong or king koopa :ufdup:

And what about Mike Tyson? Beat that game in 24hrs :manny: didn't even have to use 007-373-5963 to do it. Super Macho Man gave me more trouble than Tyson did :francis:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What an era, NFL Blitz and Mario Kart rubber banding, Mrotal Kombat predictive A.I., Mike Tyson.

Developers hated kids

Mike Tyson ridiculously hard to beat...:why:

fukking computer cheating you in Street Fighter 2 on 7 stars

Guile flash kicking you instantaneously, M. Bison leg kicking you to death and motherfukking TIGER ass Sagat TIGERing you to death

Why won’t they let me win:mjcry:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Mike Tyson ridiculously hard to beat...:why:

I didn't know how to star punch back then. :yeshrug:

I need explanations here

Mario Kart CPU could and would get lapped if you used donkey Kong or king koopa :ufdup:

And what about Mike Tyson? Beat that game in 24hrs :manny: didn't even have to use 007-373-5963 to do it. Super Macho Man gave me more trouble than Tyson did :francis:

Never liked Donkey Kong, it was Yoshi for me. The A.I. would have a bungee cord attached to first place

You the pre-Ps1 goat

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
fukking computer cheating you in Street Fighter 2 on 7 stars

Guile flash kicking you instantaneously, M. Bison leg kicking you to death and motherfukking TIGER ass Sagat TIGERing you to death

Why won’t they let me win:mjcry:

yeah GUILE and BISON was b*stards for that shyt... How you do a sonic boom and a flash kick within nano seconds at the same time?!?:bryan::dahell: