So according to SCIENCE this is what Moses may have looked like

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
Since I'm a #BasicBaby, I fail to comprehend these verses. How does this prove he was black, again?
for shock value, they were turned 'white as snow'

and then turned back normal

if they weren't black, you'd have to explain the shock value of turning them white

also that whiteness was described as 'looking like a dead person whose flesh was half consumed'

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

@Koichos the strong hand brother

200w.gif

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Skin cancer comes from the directness of the sun's rays, not from heat.

San Antonio and Houston are closer to the equator than Cairo is. Yeah, some of them will get skin cancer eventually, but mostly not until they're past reproductive age anyway.

When I was in high school, white girls I knew had to get melanomas removed at the end of EVERY summer. And they damn sure wasn't spending the summer in Texas. We talking NE.

#1: That article talks about people from the middle east/west asia who replaced the original inhabitants of Europe. That's why they were darker, before they too had time to respond to selective pressures. But in terms of skin color they're not "black".

"The Neolithic inhabitants were descended from populations originating in Anatolia (modern Turkey) that moved to Iberia before heading north.
They reached Britain in about 4,000BC."

#2: That reconstruction in the picture is specifically "Whitehawk Woman". The artist's rendition isn't even based on her DNA, it's based on the assumption that her people originated from somewhere closer to the Middle East:

"While DNA could not be retrieved from Whitehawk Woman, the ‘Cheddar Man’ team advised that she would probably have had dark skin of a southern Mediterranean/Near Eastern/North African colour, brown hair and brown eyes. This is based on the genetic analysis of ancient individuals dating to the Neolithic from around Europe as well as from Britain specifically."

#3: As humanity originated in Africa, everyone had dark skin at some point if you go back far enough. They would would have lost pigmentation slowly, over thousands of years, as the lack of direct sun creates vitamin d deficiencies and resulting immune system issues. That's a stronger selective driver than skin cancer, which typically takes decades to develop and peaks in the 50s-80s, at an age when most people are dying from something else anyway. Thus the original inhabitants would likely be the whitest, as they have had the most time to adapt to selective pressures.
1. False. Western Hunter Gatherers, the "original inhabitants of Europe", had dark- very dark skin and blue eyes. See: Cheddar Man

3. False. We started out pale skinned and adapted darker skin once we left heavily forested regions and entered the savannah.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Maybe people didn’t actually witness him part the red sea but rather they watched him rip his red shirt in half :ohhh:

• Haha
Reactions: MMS

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
When I was in high school, white girls I knew had to get melanomas removed at the end of EVERY summer. And they damn sure wasn't spending the summer in Texas. We talking NE.

Melanoma can occur at any age, but the median age of diagnosis is 59 and the peak risk is in the 80s.

1. False. Western Hunter Gatherers, the "original inhabitants of Europe", had dark- very dark skin and blue eyes. See: Cheddar Man

Cheddar Man is NOT one of the original inhabitants of Europe, as was pointed out earlier. He was a late move-in from the Middle East.

"He is not closely related to the earlier Magdalenian individuals found in the same cave, whose ancestry is entirely from the Goyet cluster. The genomes of all British Mesolithic individuals sequenced to date other than Cheddar Man can be modelled as only Villabruna-related (WHG) ancestry, without additional Goyet-related admixture. The results of the Natural History Museum study gave evidence that Cheddar Man's ancestry, and the wave of anatomically modern humans he was part of, originated in the Middle East. This suggests that his ancestors would have left Africa, moved into the Middle East and later headed west into Europe, before eventually traversing Doggerland, a land bridge which connected Britain to continental Europe. It is estimated that 10% of the genomes of modern white British comes from this population of anatomically modern humans."

3. False. We started out pale skinned and adapted darker skin once we left heavily forested regions and entered the savannah.

That's an interesting theory I hadn't heard before. Do you have a citation? I'm not sure why you think it impacts the discussion though.