Snoop Dogg "Cali Red" wine display removed from Kroger for being offensive (NAACP)

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
FpILs1eXsAECfjs
Ok yeah I get the point now. That's dumb and offensive.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That display is wild trash, and ideally, Snoop wouldn't be partnered with a brand that themes their wines after actual criminals, but neither of those points hit me as odd for people to be upset about.

Brehs really out here mad about him being a Crip with a red wine? He supposed to just stick to white wine, or invent blue wine, or something? :dead:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I just felt that it was offensive," customer Johnnie Jones, a former president of the local NAACP, told WSB-TV Channel 2.

"They really promoting alcohol. Proud of drinking wine? No. We're proud of the Tuskegee Airmen whose shoulders I stand on. We need to be thirsty for knowledge," Jones told the station
:flabbynsick:

p-main-corn-22.png

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A crip selling red wine :snoop:

*An in-store display of Snoop Dogg’s Cali Red Wine was removed from a Kroger supermarket in Peachtree City, Ga. after several customers allegedly complained that it was inappropriate.

According to WSB-TV Channel 2, shoppers said it was stereotypical to sell Snoop's Cali Red wine during Black History Month.

"I just felt that it was offensive," customer Johnnie Jones, a former president of the local NAACP, told WSB-TV Channel 2.

"They really promoting alcohol. Proud of drinking wine? No. We're proud of the Tuskegee Airmen whose shoulders I stand on. We need to be thirsty for knowledge," Jones told the station .

Kroger reportedly received multiple complaints about the Snoop Dogg wine display.

The corporate offices said in a statement: "Kroger is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in all we do. Our intentions are never meant to be offensive."

Fragrance Samples Subscription - Just $16.95/mo
Ad
www.scentbird.com/cologne/subscription
Snoop Dogg and 19 Crimes' first collaboration was the Snoop Cali Red, which was the number one-selling wine innovation of 2020. They launched Snoop Cali Rosé in 2021, making it the first California rosé for the brand and the second collaboration with the hip-hop icon, according to a news release.

Snoop Cali Rosé is a blend of Grenache and Zinfandel. The rapper previously shared his excitement about it in a statement, saying: "We did it big with 19 Crimes Cali Red, so you know we had to do it again – and this time, I was thinking pink. I can't wait for everyone to sip on my Snoop Cali Rosé and bring those fresh feels from spring into summer and beyond. I hope when you open a bottle of this wine you take a little mind trip to my Cali home. This is how we Rosé the Snoop Dogg way!”

19 Crimes Snoop Cali Rosé is available in stores nationwide and online at thewineshop.com. To learn more, visit 19crimes.com.

that's the Kroger I go to :dead:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm confused, what's offensive about a store selling a black man's wine :what:

*edit* just saw the display. All they have to do is remove the black history month sign.

Bruh the whole display looks shytty and tacky

It has nothing to do with a black man just selling wine