Snoop Dogg "Cali Red" wine display removed from Kroger for being offensive (NAACP)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
just further confirms they need to teach more about black history in schools, not just for us, but for white people too.

This cac was like legit like, how do i honor black history month? :patrice:
and the best thing he could think of was snoop dogg. i don't even think he was trying to be offensive, he was likely just so ignorant that no real historical figures came to mind. Ask a random white person about historical black people, and 99% will draw a blank after MLK and Malcolm X. unless they are naming sports figures like Ali and Jackie Robinson.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FpILs1eXsAECfjs

"Dream but stay woke".. Written on the blackboard. :dead:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
just further confirms they need to teach more about black history in schools, not just for us, but for white people too.

This cac was like legit like, how do i honor black history month? :patrice:
and the best thing he could think of was snoop dogg. i don't even think he was trying to be offensive, he was likely just so ignorant that no real historical figures came to mind. Ask a random white person about historical black people, and 99% will draw a blank after MLK and Malcolm X. unless they are naming sports figures like Ali and Jackie Robinson.
I mean, it’s a grocery store. They were highlighting black endorsed/owned wine offerings. I’m not seeing what the big deal is.

Again, it’s a grocery store…you want them to rename the raisin section to Ross Park’s Raisin Aisle or A Rasin in the Sun Section or some shyt?
:why:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
What is this sickness to always link something Black to the most degenerate of behavior.

19 Crimes? Over a million words in our language and they had to go with "Crimes." Why? :why:

Just like when election time hits, it's ALWAYS the black vote getting attached to jail reform.

Like fukkin damn, there's so many of us who's never even had 1 close family member enslaved in the penitentiary system, don't identify with being urban terrorists, have amazing moral systems passed down and refined through generations, yet have to live with the stigma of Black popular culture continuously getting linked to the worst elements of society.

Fukk.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I mean, it’s a grocery store. They were highlighting black endorsed/owned wine offerings. I’m not seeing what the big deal is.

Again, it’s a grocery store…you want them to rename the raisin section to Ross Park’s Raisin Aisle or A Rasin in the Sun Section or some shyt?
:why:
They didn't have to do shyt. but they should've known how well this would be received

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Based off the 19 crimes that would get English citizens sent to Australia.

They are going for infamy branding. Martha Stewart and others are on bottles as well.

Yet we all know if this was Travis Kelce's wine (I'm using him because he's got the "white chocolate flava" thing going on) it wouldn't have a name linking it to destructive behavior.