Slaughterhouse 0 for 2 with the singles

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
my life is cool I actually don't mind it but it must not be doing well they already got another single with Swizz and that shyt is :flabbynsick::rudy::shaq2:

wtf is wrong with these dudes, u think between Budden, Royce not getting commercial acclaim they would have already learned where their lane is...

that beat and hook from swizz is embarassing, I hope to gawd he brought better tracks for Nas album.

Nah Right » Slaughterhouse ft. Swizz Beatz – Throw It Away

Last edited by a moderator:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
That's kinda weird thing to say, considering they've dropped 3 singles:

edit. and Swizz didn't produce the beat, Mr. Porter did

It's most likely the label pushing them to do these tracks. Buddens said years ago if it was up to him he would never do commerical style tracks.

key words being years ago. And he has also said (many times) that Slaughterhouse & their solo careers are 2 different things. Last time I saw Budden interview talkin about SH makin commercial songs etc. he said that he can't wait till people start tellin him he sell out :laugh:

the difference between Def Jam situation & this is that they have more freedom than Budden did back on Def Jam as a solo artist..

Imo the problem is that they've kinda been tryin to please every possible audience with these singles..

Last edited by a moderator:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It's most likely the label pushing them to do these tracks. Buddens said years ago if it was up to him he would never do commerical style tracks.

Hammer Dance is cool lol.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I mean, I don't wanna see them make a buncha backpack jams either... I definitely don't wanna hear nothin' but an album fulla "I'm the illest MC" songs cause I think they're capable of more than that. But these attempts at singles are fallin' flat, and it's kinda proving exactly what the stigma of the rappin'-ass rapper is. People think that type of rapper can rhyme all day but sucks at making "singles", and the two attempts at doing so have proven that to be the case with Slaughterhouse.

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
y'all can't judge the whole album off those 3 singles... I'm waiting to hear the album as a whole before I judge... I'm sure it's still gonna be dope

thatmbagrind

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at this point budden is hurting himself working with the rest of slaughterhouse. he's the only one that makes good music. and i was a huge slaughterhouse fan when they got together.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
which is why their first album was a personal classic to me........one radio single "the one" and the rest was just good music.....for only having a week or two to knock it out, the end result was some pretty dope material from them.. smh gotta love that big machine/industry direction once your signed.

:russ: :flabbynsick:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
My Life is not as bad as everyone making out to be... I'm feeling it

yea I like it more than 'Throw It Away'...

I still kinda feel they've been following the same formula with the singles they (Shady Records) did w/ Bad Meets Evil EP

"Hammer Dance" = "Fast Lane" ("street" single)
"My Life" = "Lighters" ("celebratory", bigger single)
"Throw It Away" = "I'm On Everything" (more random song, but this time they could be tryin to reach hot97 & Flex's show with this, sounds like some radio songs Swizz has been on)

but considering the fact that this is an album & BME EP was not really even planned to be dropped, I'm 99,9% sure they will release another "introspective/celebratory" "big single" featuring Eminem (produced by Boi1da/Alex Da Kid etc.) before the album or just after the album drops... I'm kinda anticipating that too, because I know Crooked & Joey kill those type of introspective songs with 'softer' beats....

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt belongs in the :trash:

D-12 must be laughing their asses off, because this super-group is becoming even more corny then they were...:snoop: