How will Embiid's career end up?

• Total voters

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They re-did the rookie cover in 2002 as well. Peaked a year too early on that one

2002-Rookies-Slam-Cover.jpg

Like half of those players didn't even last 5 years in the league

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I noticed a change in SLAM when Scoop Jackson left. Don't know if he is still around the magazine, but there was a massive drop off in quality.

I dont think its well-written either.

I tried to read it sometime in college, and I just thought it was terrible.

They also overhype a lot of HS players. Ever since they got Lebron right, they been doing it for everyone and been destroying lives, imo.

When the original Editor in Chief Tony Gervino left, it got stale and when Scoop left, it was officially a hip pop basketball mag. I still have tons of my old ones though.

The OG Iverson issue was hilarious though. They kept showing pics of Sean Bradley as a threat to the NBA for continuing the lockout. And they made a big deal about having a pic of Glen Rice's wife in that issue because she was nba folklore at the time (pre social media) because everyone thought she was a dime and apparently Glen kept her under wraps :russ:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
When the original Editor in Chief Tony Gervino left, it got stale and when Scoop left, it was officially a hip pop basketball mag. I still have tons of my old ones though.

The OG Iverson issue was hilarious though. They kept showing pics of Sean Bradley as a threat to the NBA for continuing the lockout. And they made a big deal about having a pic of Glen Rice's wife in that issue because she was nba folklore at the time (pre social media) because everyone thought she was a dime and apparently Glen kept her under wraps :russ:
the magazine im most heated i lost was the one with the first national story on Lebron James. I let someone hold it in HS and never got it back.

edit: it was this one
86bffdc5a884a1d9d3233920e75c834b.jpg

Ohio Player | SLAMonline

Last edited:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
So now we know slam just redos covers. I'm curious to know which one they have done before they'll redo

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Classic cover and Embid has a lot to live up to in Philly. I think he can do it just the injuries will probably hold him back.