six pack abs.....new years resolution

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
day 1 complete. an hour of cardio (basketball full court) no soda, sweets, or sugar.

i dont know if i can keep this up. ate a lot of vegetables today

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
you should consider lifting breh.

cardio is effective at keeping off water weight but outside of that its not much on its own

lifting preserves muscle, and even if you lose nominal amounts of fat, it looks that much more when you preserve muscle

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
btw, yeah the 2pac version only...not that Jay-Z trash :childplease:

how does lifting weights get you a six pack? you mean doing chest and arms right? or doing machine weights for your stomach....does doing crunches help?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
how does lifting weights get you a six pack? you mean doing chest and arms right? or doing machine weights for your stomach....does doing crunches help?

its simple really

when in a deficit of any kind, your body feeds on not only the fat you have...but the muscle too

muscle is easier to break down than fat...so especially when youre already skinny, youre much more likely to experience muscle loss

looks are two fold:

musculature
body fat %

the less musculature you have the less the effect of low body fat will be

double your gains by keeping what muscle you have by lifting..and if youre a novice possibly get both :ohlawd:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cardio. Cardio. Cardio. Jogging plus jumproping has my abs like :whoo:

This. I still eat all of the foods the OP mentioned cutting out and have great abs and its because I run 4-6 miles 5 times a week. I can plow through a box of christmas lindt truffles like :smugfavre: and not give a shyt. Cardio folks. Gets your shyt tiiiiiight.

sknk80

Rookie
Daps
start deadlifting and squatting some serious weight, and as long as your diet is on point your ab game will improve something serious :ohlawd:

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Make sure to get lots of protein in your meals so you stay full. If you don't get in your protein, you going to go ham on those calories

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Just ordered that Cinnabun Trutein. Gonna go in January with the strong lifts...added to my regular soccer playing i should be right :myman:

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Just train for a 15k. I've been running 3-4 times a week for over a month now. My abs use to be :whoo: now they're :noah::noah::noah: