Since we're all ladies here..

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No replies? I guess I'll go.
Most guys can't even tell I have weave in and when they do know, they find it so fascinating. I've had a convo with an older white man educating him on extensions, weaves..the difference between them and everything. He was really interested.
I mean I'm pretty upfront about it. My ex never had an issue with it, shyt he'd help me brush it sometimes.

Is this a coli thing about the hair myth or do y'all see it?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Most guys can't even tell I have weave in and when they do know, they find it so fascinating. I've had a convo with an older white man educating him on extensions, weaves..the difference between them and everything. He was really interested.
I mean I'm pretty upfront about it. My ex never had an issue with it, shyt he'd help me brush it sometimes.

Is this a coli thing about the hair myth or do y'all see it?
Yeah the white guy I dated was also very interested, he once asked me how they did my hair and was it all mine (I had box braids)

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
What did he mean by "done" :patrice:
Thats what I was asking. But basically just wearing my natural hair in a bun all the time wasn't "done". My hair isn't curly. My hair is cottony/kinky/nappy 4c.

So even guys who say they like natural hair aren't used to seeing my type of natty hair. It's not wash and go hair.

Plus, I'm lazy so it really could be that my hair is never really "done" unless I put braids in.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Thats what I was asking. But basically just wearing my natural hair in a bun all the time wasn't "done". My hair isn't curly. My hair is cottony/kinky/nappy 4c.

So even guys who say they like natural hair aren't used to seeing my type of natty hair. It's not wash and go hair.

Plus, I'm lazy so it really could be that my hair is never really "done" unless I put braids in.
Yeah most guys who say they like natural hair really mean mixed chick curls. I have a somewhat visible curl pattern, I'm a 4b/4c mix but my mom has the cotton like 4c hair.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps

I reckon most natural hair is cottony. Quite literally when I find a shed hair and run my hand through it I can feel and see the difference in thickness. The old hair that benefited from all the deep conditioning and daily moisturising is visibly thicker at least twice or thrice as thick as the new hair at the root. Since I've been neglecting my hair and haven't DC'ed in months it's even more obvious.

My hair is naturally very thin and that thinness plus shrinkage and short length is what I think creates the fluffy effect.

Length makes a difference in that as your hair grows longer the weight of the hair pulls down the strands and makes the curl looser. That is of course assuming that by that time the strands are thicker because of all the beautiful things you've been doing to it.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Most guys can't even tell I have weave in and when they do know, they find it so fascinating. I've had a convo with an older white man educating him on

Pause.

A man will show interest in anything, if he thinks it will get him closer to getting some puss. Don't let white men be slick on you.