Simping is traditional and OK at times. Just have to find the right woman.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Fair enough. But how would you define "kissing ass?"
being submissive and subservient to a person eager to please and being that way regardless of the person deserving that type of treatment from you or not. most of the time a simp treats a woman that hasn't done anything and couldn't possibly mean anything to him that way.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
It seems that most of you guys are totally against any spending of money or putting effort in pursuing women. In a lot of cases, rightfully so. On the other hand, traditionally that's how men pursued women. Flowers, dates, opening doors, basically showing her that he could be a good husband and provider. And traditionally women would reciprocate by cooking and showing how she could be a good wife.

The big riff today is, there are more traditional men than there are women. And it seems these men don't know how to identify traditional women that respect and desire them. Now there are a lot of women that want to be spoiled, but at the same time they don't really respect the man that does it. The is a confusing game nowadays. Then again there are still a few women that truly respect a man that open doors and does the traditional duties. But what women have to understand is with so many not wifey types disguised as traditionally classy women (and it's hard to decipher, it's takes time and a good eye.) So they to have to prove that they are worthy to be treated as such. A lot of women want automatic passes, no one gets a automatic pass these days. Seem like women want men to automatically assume they're all classy wife type. Not happening.

Now we all have jump-offs and friends with benefits and they should be treated accordingly. Now fellas, when you're with a really good girl with great potential you have to know how to treat her right? I think you should be with a women that makes you want to commit a few simpish acts from time to time. Then again simping isn't really simping when you're with the right woman.

No way you guys are stone cold "Sweet Jones" type of pimps in here. Even master pimps fall hard for women from time to time. Ya'll stop fronting so much fellas.

ZnqQ5.gif

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
being submissive and subservient to a person eager to please and being that way regardless of the person deserving that type of treatment from you or not. most of the time a simp treats a woman that hasn't done anything and couldn't possibly mean anything to him that way.

:leon:

There's some overlap in our definitions, though :steviej:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's not what simping is that's basically tricking. simping is basically kissing ass in hopes to get her to like you. nobody respects an ass kisser and ass kissing is never really ok.

at the core of simpery is a man that doesn't really value himself or values the woman he's pursuing over himself.

for the most part a woman won't date a male with less value than her. she's typically gonna date even in value with her or a man of higher value. hence groupies.

never display lower value or social status to a woman hence never simp.

That's fine and all, but apparently to many here, taking a woman out that is of equal value is "simpish".

The problem is "simp" has been so b*stardized that now anything that is deemed as "nice" or "resptectful" is considered simpish.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's fine and all, but apparently to many here, taking a woman out that is of equal value is "simpish".

The problem is "simp" has been so b*stardized that now anything that is deemed as "nice" or "resptectful" is considered simpish.
the underlying tone is approval seeking through actions. a simp does nice things because he seeks the approval of the target. a gentleman does nice things because that's who he is. a simp is trying to borrow a gentleman's demeanor but because he's just using a technique its inauthentic and he gets taken advantage of.

truthfully most of the time a guy is doing something nice for a woman he's probably seeking her approval. there's usually some ulterior motive other than just being who he is. a true gentleman is pretty rare. the true test of a gentleman IMO is would you do the same thing for a woman you had no chance in hell of getting with?

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
:ehh: I do believe that there are some women worth simping over.

I don't mean simping based on how she looks just to get the p*ssy. I mean based off of her personality and how she treats you. A loyal and sweethearted woman who genuinely cares about you is hard to find nowadays. :manny:

When and If I ever get married I know that the woman I do choose will definately be worth simping over. If a woman is loyal and good to me and gives me that support system, I will be sure to go far and beyond for her. :win:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
As men we have to distinguish between simping and being a gentleman.

Simping is doing nice things to get a woman to like you, spend time with you. In other words you are doing things in hope that she will reciprocate.

Being a gentleman is doing a nice gesture for a woman with no expectations. But at the same time, it is convenient for you. Never go out of your way for a woman, she won't do the same.

I always say don't do anything for a woman if you are expecting her to return the favor because it is unlikely.

For example, a female that I'm kicking it with asks me for a ride somewhere. If it is convenient to me, isn't putting me out of my way, or isn't preventing me from taking care of something else, then I'll give her a ride. I'm not expecting nothing in return, nor am I ever bringing it up. I did it because I chose to do it, not because I expect some reward from her.

Simps allow themselves to be used. Favors are supposed to be in moderation. A woman who asks you for favors all the time but does nothing for you in return is a user. You become a simp when you become dependable to a woman who feels like she doesn't have to do anything for your favor.

A simp will be like "but I gave you a ride to the mall". Expecting her to appreciate the gesture and reciprocate. Not gonna happen.

A non-simp will realize she's a user and everytime she asks for a favor will say "Nope, I can't help you"

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the underlying tone is approval seeking through actions. a simp does nice things because he seeks the approval of the target. a gentleman does nice things because that's who he is. a simp is trying to borrow a gentleman's demeanor but because he's just using a technique its inauthentic and he gets taken advantage of.

truthfully most of the time a guy is doing something nice for a woman he's probably seeking her approval. there's usually some ulterior motive other than just being who he is. a true gentleman is pretty rare. the true test of a gentleman IMO is would you do the same thing for a woman you had no chance in hell of getting with?

:mindblown:

Sometimes you do something nice for someone cuz you like them and want to make them happy. Everything with yall is so cotdamn calculated. As long as the "simping" is reciprocated then I don't see a problem. Hell, if a dude wants to spend his entire paycheck on a broad...why do you even care?

:heh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:mindblown:

Sometimes you do something nice for someone cuz you like them and want to make them happy. Everything with yall is so cotdamn calculated. As long as the "simping" is reciprocated then I don't see a problem. Hell, if a dude wants to spend his entire paycheck on a broad...why do you even care?

:heh:
pretty much everything we do is self-serving. want to make them happy? try instead it makes you happy to do something nice for her. if it made you miserable to do that nice thing and ruined your life would you still do it?

you're using a term that doesn't apply here. simping isn't really doing nice things for people its trying to manipulate them into liking you by doing things for them. its a shady activity and it usually opens the person that's doing it up to be manipulated themselves.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
:ehh: I do believe that there are some women worth simping over.

I don't mean simping based on how she looks just to get the p*ssy. I mean based off of her personality and how she treats you. A loyal and sweethearted woman who genuinely cares about you is hard to find nowadays. :manny:

When and If I ever get married I know that the woman I do choose will definately be worth simping over. If a woman is loyal and good to me and gives me that support system, I will be sure to go far and beyond for her. :win:

I agree with what your basiclly sayin and What u described ain't simpin mane. If a chick is down 4 u and that's your ride or die,then as a man u hold her down just as she holds u down. But layin out the red carpet for some random skank that doenst give the same love & repect back to u is simpin

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I think think a big problem is that a lot of women want me to assume they're all worthy by default. Maybe it was like that back in the day, nowadays everyone should prove themselves.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
pretty much everything we do is self-serving. want to make them happy? try instead it makes you happy to do something nice for her. if it made you miserable to do that nice thing and ruined your life would you still do it?

you're using a term that doesn't apply here. simping isn't really doing nice things for people its trying to manipulate them into liking you by doing things for them. its a shady activity and it usually opens the person that's doing it up to be manipulated themselves.

They just don't understand this, do they...

You never compromise your own happiness for somebody else's

Would you pay your girl's rent if it meant you couldn't pay your own?

That's how you have to look at it.