Sighs…is it really a wrap for Big Sean?

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
How do Detroit nikkas feel about Sean in general? Especially in comparison to these new Detroit/Flint nikkas that popped recently.

I get the vibe that alot of them new nikkas aint rocking with him like that. The Grizzly's, Veeze's, Icewater's, Sada n Skilla's etc.

Remember Danny Brown asking if he was even from Detroit :francis:
We support him, and he reps us right.

But when he first came out we thought he was from Cali or Connecticut if that tells you anything.

And all of his Detroit references be like from the late 90’s like “Blade Icewood” and “D Town”, we ain’t heard the term D Town since 1994.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It has less to do with physique and everything to do with mindset. Kendrick Lamar is 5 foot 5 with a slimmer frame and ain’t nobody running around talking down to him and we all saw what happened to the guy foolish enough to try.

Nas is only 5 foot 8 and never been brolic, nobody is testing Nas because the world saw what happened to the 6 foot 3 camel who was foolish enough to try.

DMX was short in stature with a thinner frame in his prime. Big Boi is like 5 foot 6. Andre is like 5 foot 8 and at one point was wearing blond wigs and oversized overhauls. People weren’t testing them.

Beta Male mentality is all about mindset. Sean let Kendrick get on HIS song talking about murdering him and taking all of his fans and Sean actually put it out as a single. Kanye stole MILLIONS of dollars from him and he never confronted him about it directly. Thats just who he is. The go along to get along type.
You talking about nikkas rapping im talking about people feeling comfortable saying whatever to Sean in general, none of the people you mentioned grew up in sweet enviroments or showed beta tendencies forreal to cause them to be tested, Sean has.

3stacks being weird doesn't mean he's a hoe, Kendrick a whole blood outta Compton, Dmx was an unhinged wild nikka, nikkas was scared of Nas's people, not him...

no idea why you're talking about height, never said anything about him being short, he's just frail as hell :yeshrug: that plays a part in how nikkas gonna treat you if you aren't a shooter (in rap world)

For a nikkas like Sean who are that timid as adults he's not gonna find confidence within his own mind at first, he got emasculated more than once, we saw how Wiz's whole persona changed once he got in the gym (unfortunately he still sucks as a rapper) I feel like Sean needs that same program, I guarantee he wouldn't carry himself the same, it's like the scary dude who starts hitting up the MMA gym and all of a sudden he's comfortable looking people in their eyes now

You think it's all mental but on a smaller scale the TBZ brehs have seen a few battle rappers energy change drastically with their physique over the years, the confidence boost is a real thing

That man needs testosterone shots

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gambino is not the same generation as those guys

He put out his first mixtapes at around the same time Cole and Drake did. His debut album came out the same year as Sean’s and Cole’s debuts and Wale’s and Drake’s second albums. He’s definitely in the same generation.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
He put out his first mixtapes at around the same time Cole and Drake did. His debut album came out the same year as Sean’s and Cole’s debuts and Wale’s and Drake’s second albums. He’s definitely in the same generation.

Meh his early shyt was trash. Cringe hopsin type shyt

Hik being a nonfactor in music at the time is why I don't include him with them

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
How do Detroit nikkas feel about Sean in general? Especially in comparison to these new Detroit/Flint nikkas that popped recently.

I get the vibe that alot of them new nikkas aint rocking with him like that. The Grizzly's, Veeze's, Icewater's, Sada n Skilla's etc.

He is tho he went to Cass
I sat across from him in art class freshman year

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

Man Sean went on Drink Champs and championed every damn rapper from his city. He was not letting NORE mess up their names. I think they all fukk with him

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
He is tho he went to Cass
I sat across from him in art class freshman year
Danny brown is half Pinoy ...I guarantee he from Madison heights or some where off 696 and dequindre. So I don't think he's the right messenger for Detroit

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I've known about Sean longer than anybody here I'm guessing like my cousin who would visit
would go stay at his crib cause they were cool this is like 98' when we was young
Met him a few times......I don't rock with that cousin or Sean the word 'Detroit' shouldn't be formed outta they mouth ever....

He's not a Detroit nikka in any way shape or form its not even about where he's from, or lived, or being in the street
its more basic than that no way anybody from Detroit that is a fan of his ever really met him cause they wouldn't be

In Detroit you got the hood rap the style thats blowing up recently is from like 2003 and you got the hip-hoppity cats

Sean ain't neither he's super fake his pen ain't his own and did sus shyt to get where he is and thats why he's depressed all the time cause it wasn't worth it....he a fukking female in a males body bytch ass nikka for real
Damn bruh

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them big doofy Cybertrucks man, I blame my son Elon for his failed comeback

Nah, boy tappin Jhene Aiko or whatever her name is, he still won

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
We support him, and he reps us right.

But when he first came out we thought he was from Cali or Connecticut if that tells you anything.

And all of his Detroit references be like from the late 90’s like “Blade Icewood” and “D Town”, we ain’t heard the term D Town since 1994.
lol not Connecticut tho

I think we appreciate him and rappers in the city show him love. Now if it’s self serving love to get put on or legit I can’t call it

Overall he is a positive for the city and based on the Michigan central station business it looks like his trajectory is only going to go up if he wants it

Last edited:

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
lol not Connecticut tho

I think we appreciate them and rappers in the city show him love. Now if it’s self serving love to get out on or legit I can’t call it

Overall he is a positive for the city and based on the Michigan central station business it looks like his trajectory is only going to go up if he wants it
I think at this point Sean is just enjoying the ride. Before he blew up, he was just his mans Pat Piff side kick. Pat was the much better spitter of the two.

Sean never expected to blow, he just happened to be a like-able person, and at the right place (Hot 1075) at the right time to bump into Kanye.

Last edited: