Sideline Story: Cole World has gone and went

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The is a good album. Definitely one of the better albums of 2011. He gathered a larger fan base with some of the records he had on here. Some really good songs and some really good "radio" songs

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
i was just listening to nobody's perfect. forgot how dope that track was. other than that i don't listen to the album at all anymore.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
There is no competition between Sean and Cole. As far talent and versatility go, Sean is miles ahead of him.

Cole World = 3/5, probably the most disappointing debut album in recent history.

I agree.

Even though Big Sean is average IMO he is still better and more charismatic than J Cole.

d o L o b

Pro
Daps
tumblr_m3yzbzDX2q1qclsa6o1_1280.png

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Very solid album but as a Cole fan I gotta admit...it was underwhelming. Still listen to a handful of songs but it wasnt a memorable debut

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
bought the album, still listen to it. idk i like it :manny: i dont get the whole borin thing especially when nikkas go on other threads and praise other "borin" rappers.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I never saw the hype with Cole. Like dude ain't garbage but he's not ill either. My homeboy tried to put me on to dude like a couple years ago and I couldn't vibe with his shyt back then. He just overdoes all that emotional/girl driven lane he has.

I can understand why chicks feel dude, but after that it's like wtf. Dude just comes off corny and his debut sounded like one long ass song. I don't mind chick/club type tracks if they're done well and executed good, I didn't get that from Cole though. His songs sound like he tried his best but still fell short as fukk of being memorable.

Red Maverick II

Special A Class Hunter
Daps
I don't get why people say the production was bland. From a musical standpoint, he went in on most of the cuts on the album except for like Can't Get Enough

emoney

custom user title
Daps
A lot of J Cole stans wanted his debut album to be a classic so badly that they over hyped him up.

If his fans don't start telling the truth he's going to end up remaining mediocre because he will never push himself the way his peers have (who are receiving constant criticism)

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
it was good, not as good as fnl or warm up(perfect album/mixtapes) but it was solid,but I was expecting much more, only things I played more from 2011 is mmg shyt(wale, meek, stally, and wtt) it get more play than everything else