Siakam Spins & The Cs Grin: Official Pacers (#6) vs. Celtics (#1) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Who wins?

• Celtics in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers in 4

• Pacers in 5

• Pacers in 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
tonight I'll be watching game 3 of Boston Indy, but I'm also going to watch the Las Vegas Aces vs the Indiana Fever to see how CC and Aaliyah Boston do against the champs at 9pm.

I'm gonna watch my WNBA team the New York Liberty play this afternoon too

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
In the nba/nhl, the 1-16 seeding format will never happen because travel costs would be very expensive

Convenience and travel costs.

It would be dope if the NBA just has the top 16 teams in the playoffs regardless of Conference, especially since the East has been notoriously so weak compared to the West

The NBA can afford it, and the NBA is about to get a bag from their New TV deals

the NBA also needs to get rid of the play-in tournament and the goofy midseason tournament that nobody cares about

Adam Silver is kinda stupid

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
It would be dope if the NBA just has the top 16 teams in the playoffs regardless of Conference, especially since the East has been notoriously so weak compared to the West

The NBA can afford it, and the NBA is about to get a bag from their New TV deals

the NBA also needs to get rid of the play-in tournament and the goofy midseason tournament that nobody cares about

Adam Silver is kinda stupid

This would effectively remove the natural rivalries that have gone on in both conferences. That Knicks/Sixers was an amazing series due to familiarity and proximity. The Heat/Celtics have hand good series over the years.

You have the same thing going on out in the west as well.

The playoffs are fine the way it is.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
This would effectively remove the natural rivalries that have gone on in both conferences. That Knicks/Sixers was an amazing series due to familiarity and proximity. The Heat/Celtics have hand good series over the years.

You have the same thing going on out in the west as well.

The playoffs are fine the way it is.

I was actually thinking of new rivalries that would happen if they did 1-16 in the playoffs

and you still have the regular season, so the regional rivalries aren't going anywhere

but let's keep it a stack the East is known for being weaker than the West

however, I am glad the all-star game is back to East vs West

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
I was actually thinking of new rivalries that would happen if they did 1-16 in the playoffs

and you still have the regular season, so the regional rivalries aren't going anywhere

but let's keep it a stack the East is known for being weaker than the West

however, I am glad the all-star game is back to East vs West

The East have 40 championships from 11 franchises. The West have 37 championships from 9 franchises :yeshrug:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
The East have 40 championships from 11 franchises. The West have 37 championships from 9 franchises :yeshrug:

breh unless you're 21 or something you know full well the West has been more loaded than the East

this is when analytics don't match the eye test

honest question, is the Boston/Indiana series good to you, because it's boring to me, the Pacer might get swept

however Dallas/Minnesota has been very exciting

agree to disagree breh
:manny:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
breh unless you're 21 or something you know full well the West has been more loaded than the East

honest question, is the Boston/Indiana series good to you, because it's boring to me, the Pacer might get swept

agree to disagree breh

I'm :flabbynsick: so I've seen it swing back and forth.

The East was strong for the longest time with Bird's Celtics, Bad Boy Pistons and then MJ and the Bulls. The biggest challenges to MJ was always in the East.

Then it swung to the West with Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, etc.

The East got hit with crazy injuries this year.

It's cyclical. There's no need to make a drastic change and eliminate the natural rivalries that have been going on forever.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

agree to disagree breh

That’s due to circumstances

Was Nuggets/Lakers last year or Warriors/Mavs 2022 more competitive than Heat/Celtics ECF the last two years?

The West was just historically strong this year. The Warriors were a 10 seed with 46 wins. Last season they would’ve been a 4 seed in the West with that record. Meanwhile major injuries derailed multiple East teams in the playoffs

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps

agree to disagree breh

5-15 are relatively the same in both conferences for more than a decade now

The idea that the West has all these championship teams is overstated

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
5-15 are relatively the same in both conferences for more than a decade now

The idea that the West has all these championship teams is overstated

the Indiana Pacers would be food in the West bro

they better hope they win today or Boston will beat them in 4 or 5 games