Should The Million Man March Be An Annual Event?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
it is an annual event......The Farrakhan and the NOI acknowledge it every year in different locations. For the 7th Anniversary they had it in a Harlem church......I was there myself. Its just that no one really cares.

Slang

Slang
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
it is an annual event......The Farrakhan and the NOI acknowledge it every year in different locations. For the 7th Anniversary they had it in a Harlem church......I was there myself. Its just that no one really cares.

That is messed up

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

That is messed up

In the end it all comes down to what good has come out of the Million Man March? A whole lot of talk..But where's is the action? When I was at the 7th Anniversary Farrakhan was going in about how Elijah Muhammad is alive on the mother plane.......I mean come on man....Look at the violence in Chicago? Farrakhan came to Brooklyn a while back to speak on the violence yet his city is in chaos......I remember years ago there was talk of Farrakhan giving the word and the FOI would clean up the streets. With all this violence in Chicago what is he waiting for? Kids are catching slugs and he's still talking about UFO's. Where were the FOI when Gaddafi was executed?.....wasn't moammar gadhafi , Farrakhans people? Again it all comes down to action behind the talk and Farrakhans team hasn't been doing much action outside of his own circle. The people dont want talk....they want action.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would become a shell of itself because nikkas would nig it up. Its what we do.
It would be great as an annual event to help shape young men and older mens minds alike into forward and positive thinking but you know it would just turn into another Superbowl/Allstar weekend/Memorial Day shyt. Club flyers with farrakhan making it rain on bytches and shyt. Baby dispensers out there trying to get their fukk on and catch a man.

nikkas don't try to get to the level of black excellence,they try to drag black excellence down to their level.

Nigs gonna nig?:whoa:

Slang

Slang
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In the end it all comes down to what good has come out of the Million Man March? A whole lot of talk..But where's is the action? When I was at the 7th Anniversary Farrakhan was going in about how Elijah Muhammad is alive on the mother plane.......I mean come on man....Look at the violence in Chicago? Farrakhan came to Brooklyn a while back to speak on the violence yet his city is in chaos......I remember years ago there was talk of Farrakhan giving the word and the FOI would clean up the streets. With all this violence in Chicago what is he waiting for? Kids are catching slugs and he's still talking about UFO's. Where were the FOI when Gaddafi was executed?.....wasn't moammar gadhafi , Farrakhans people? Again it all comes down to action behind the talk and Farrakhans team hasn't been doing much action outside of his own circle. The people dont want talk....they want action.

Agreed

However, the action part is up to the individual, not on the committees, societies, or churches.

What I mean by the idea of it being held annually, is that it brings together a meeting of minds, which in turn stimulates your own mind, which in turn can lead into action.

Imagine a brother from Brownsville BK rubbing shoulders (no homo) with a chairman or a black senator or any other successful person. Due to their upbringing they may not have that kind of chance without an organized effort to promote that kind of networking.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
We would just turn it into a party weekend if it was an annual thing. The groupies and event planners would be out in full force.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
There was a Million More March in 2005, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Million Man March.

it wasn't anywhere on the level of the first one, but still it was a large turnout.

you aint been paying attention.

That's prob because '95 march was more potent,
'05 def skipped my mind.
:scusthov:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Agreed

However, the action part is up to the individual, not on the committees, societies, or churches.

What I mean by the idea of it being held annually, is that it brings together a meeting of minds, which in turn stimulates your own mind, which in turn can lead into action.

Imagine a brother from Brownsville BK rubbing shoulders (no homo) with a chairman or a black senator or any other successful person. Due to their upbringing they may not have that kind of chance without an organized effort to promote that kind of networking.

But they do have it annually. They acknowledge it every year just like saviors day. The only way u would even know about it is if u are up on NOI politics......The first 1st 2nd and the 10th anniversary were promoted thru media.....The others weren't. You're creating optimism for something that is already in affect but doesnt work. The days for talking are over......In 2013 its all about action.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We def need a wake up call,
This event could be good,
But like others said,
The elders have either given up or moved on,
Plus,
Socially and consciously,
We are not in our right minds to build,
If anything we need not to march,
But have a million man lesson,
Where they teach us lessons on ownership,
Escape prisons,
Chose better women,
Build a better family,
Hell....classes on how to farm would be dope,
But picture us marching to Ross or Gucci?
:scusthov:
Socially and consciously we are just not there yet atm.

It will never happen........ How many "n*ggaz" in the hood are really willing to give up smoking and selling weed for the cause? it aint gonna happen. Thats where it would have to begin to clean up the streets. Weed, dope, crack........The dealer whos making money and the user would all have to be addressed and eliminated....Thats a war. It aint gonna happen. There are sooo many other issues to be addressed but The drugs are the real deal. Drugs are linked to violence, prison and destroyed homes. So being that the drugs will never be eliminated the only real solution is self preservation......Focus and take care of your own circle. Once the foundation for your circle is well set, If u chose to, then can u lend a helping hand to those outside of your circle.