Should Samoa Joe be the big time player for AEW in his aging years?

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I feel that ultimately the next AEW champ is Adam Cole. And I really don't feel Adam's the right guy to be the next World Champ. But everything in this storyline with MJF feels like that is where this is all going no matter what. Having Joe beat MJF would put a twist on things. I feel Joe should beat MJF and become the next champ. Let Joe do what he does and kind of freshen up their ME scene with some new challengers. I just don't see it/expect it to happen. And it sucks. Cause I think there is a more open story to tell with MJF/Cole now that they made them actual ROH Tag Team champs that doesn't have to revolve around the fact that MJF is also the AEW champ.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I feel that ultimately the next AEW champ is Adam Cole. And I really don't feel Adam's the right guy to be the next World Champ. But everything in this storyline with MJF feels like that is where this is all going no matter what. Having Joe beat MJF would put a twist on things. I feel Joe should beat MJF and become the next champ. Let Joe do what he does and kind of freshen up their ME scene with some new challengers. I just don't see it/expect it to happen. And it sucks. Cause I think there is a more open story to tell with MJF/Cole now that they made them actual ROH Tag Team champs that doesn't have to revolve around the fact that MJF is also the AEW champ.
Keep Cole away from the main belt. I truly believe the product’s interest will decline if he wins it. :scust:

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'd prefer him as champion because I don't see the MJF/Cole friendship lasting long. I'll give them props for trying something totally new but this doesn't have long legs to me. Joe is box office and can be trusted to run with the title for a while. After the Punk diabolical, they need an adult in the room who isn't about that high school shyt.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'd prefer him as champion because I don't see the MJF/Cole friendship lasting long. I'll give them props for trying something totally new but this doesn't have long legs to me. Joe is box office and can be trusted to run with the title for a while. After the Punk diabolical, they need an adult in the room who isn't about that high school shyt.
Have Cole cost MJF the belt, build the split, let them feud for 2-3 months.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Have Samoa Joe win the belt. Have Adam Cole beat Joe for the belt after Joe refuses to give MJF a rematch. Then you can run the breakup angle between Cole and MJF.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Joe needs a long run as champ. Not sure why they were wasting him with all that ROH shyt

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Samoa Joe is one of the most believable wrestlers on the AEW roster from a visual standpoint. He has a logical, but still safe, old-school wrestling style, and he's 20 years younger than Jericho.
Give Joe a lengthy title run and let him restore the world title belt's prestige.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Samoa Joe is one of the most believable wrestlers on the AEW roster from a visual standpoint. He has a logical, but still safe, old-school wrestling style, and he's 20 years younger than Jericho.
Give Joe a lengthy title run and let him restore the world title belt's prestige.

MJF needs to drop the AEW World title to..

ricky-starks.gif

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
At 44, He’s better than 90% of the roster….

Across both companies :manny:

Age shouldn't matter unless you can visibly tell that someone is falling off. I legit thought Joe was in his 30s until I Googled it.

Even though it doesn't make sense because I was watching him on TNA as a teenager so he has to be older than me. Im 35 so realistically Joe could be 38 if he started at 18 or some shyt.

But yeah as long as he's not decrepit it shouldn't matter

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
World title match set for their big year-end PPV. Will no doubt be apart of the Devil shenanigans. MJF have a year reign under his belt, he can now drop it.

The chance to give Joe a monster heel run with the title in 2024 is right there for the picking.

Your call Tony.