Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Up until the day before yesterday, if a woman decided (for whatever reason) that she wasn’t ready to bring a child into the world, then she was allowed to hit the restart button.

If a man made a poor choice and got a woman pregnant, he has to pay child support for 18 years even if he lets the woman know that he’s not ready to bring a child into the world and he doesn’t want her to have the baby

Can a LOGICAL and NON EMOTIONAL person who is upset about roe v wade being overturned please explain how one is ok and the other is not? Let’s not focus on the outliers(rape/incest/medical issues) - we are trying to keep it logical.

I’m pro choice, I’m just confused why the only person with a choice AFTER the mistake has been made is the woman

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because the woman is the one that has to risk her life in order to give birth to that baby. A man's life is not at risk during a pregnancy.

Read again with your finger my brotha

What does this have to do with the question?

The question is “should he be forced to pay child support if he lets her know in advance”, not “should she have to abort if he doesn’t want the kid”

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Of course they should as if they wouldn’t be in the situation in the first place if they took personal responsibility and used contraceptions from the beginning. Actions have consequences and that goes for both parties involved and not just the man.

When it comes down to it, she's what's best for her when it's all said and done and you should do the same as well. Make the call on your own instead of expecting someone else to do what's best for you.

Last edited:

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
The government doesnt want to foot the bill, thats why the double standard exists. Hell they force nikkas who find out they aint the father to pay.

But in a fair world i agree that if a woman can kill it an man should be able to abandon it(word to chappelle)

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Of course they should as if they wouldn’t be in the situation in the first place if they took personal responsibility and used contraceptions from the beginning. Actions have consequences and that goes for both parties involved and not just the man.

Then why should women be allowed to abort outside of rape/incest/medical reasons (which are extreme outliers)?

The overwhelming majority of abortions are caused by people not wanting to take responsibility for not using contraceptives

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
Read again with your finger my brotha

What does this have to do with the question?

I should I quoted your last sentence, I was responding specifically to this.
I’m just confused why the only person with a choice AFTER the mistake has been made is the woman

To answer should men pay for child support, even if they let the woman know in advance. I would say yes, because most people know the possible consequences of sex, it sucks, but that child is going to need support, and unfortuantly they're that child's father.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sound like you are in favor of the new ruling?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I should I quoted your last sentence, I was responding specifically to this.

To answer should men pay for child support, even if they let the woman know in advance. I would say yes, because most people know the possible consequences of sex, it sucks, but that child is going to need support, and unfortuantly they're that child's father.
A woman could give her kid up for adoption and slate wiped clean. A woman can terminate the pregnancy and slate wiped clean. Bottom line is women have a way out. Men don’t.