Should I save up for a car or just get an apartment once I graduate.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I was originally looking to buy a car because the bus is making me depressed, but I'm getting annoyed by the whole process. I prefer to live in Harlem and have my own place but I want to have a steady job by then. Right now I'm working but its part time and I have no clue of what the future holds. So right now it's either I buy a car with the money i have or just say fukk it and continually save so I can have my own place. Weighing the costs, having a car is less on the pocket but I'd rather move out than have a car. The only thing that worries me is what if I have to move back home for some reason. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

last I checked NYC is mad expensive. how u gon get a crib with a part time job???

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Don't move to an apartment with a part-time job until you have a full-time job lined up or have a large amount in savings to float on. That would be the worst thing you could do.
Yep. Don't go into a lease you can't afford. Unless you can find a month-to-month lease kind of deal. Other than that, go home and save money, don't buy the car either.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Stay Home
Get a Car
Go to college (any local uni)

than get a apartment.

concise

Veteran
Daps
You live in Queens? :scusthov: No wonder.

Forget the car. I'm assuming you're young and you'll get abused in insurance fees or someone could hook you up with the out of state insurance, and have favors hanging over your head.

1. Stay home and find ways to improve your mood.
2. apartment (with roommates only)

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
a car is the absolute fukkin worst thing man, stay away unless u can really afford it.

concise

Veteran
Daps
You live in NY. You really don't need a car, man. Like, that shyt would most likely be pointless. Get that apartment so you can get on your grown man shyt.

Not really.
He lives in Queens, poorly served by the trains, and even worse buses. It's not Brooklyn or the Bronx. You definitely need a car in most parts.

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
You guys realize NY isnt just Manhattan right? :snoop: I hate when people say this. Come to Queens and try to move around without a car and then tell me that. Subway is the only convenient transport in this city. The bus is slow as fukk ad takes a hour to get somehwere that would take 10 minutes by car.

:what: then why the fukk you said Harlem? You ain't say shyt about Queens. Acting like I don't know what I'm talking about. I used to live in NYC.....and I had a car there. It was the biggest pain in the ass ever. Tolls, gas, repairs, oil changes, the high ass insurance, bytch to find parking, then having to wake up early in the am to switch sides of the street so you don't get a ticket, $40 parking garages in the city, people always wanting rides............do I need to go on?

But it sounds like u got your mind made up.......so just get the car.