Should I save up for a car or just get an apartment once I graduate.

Daps
I was originally looking to buy a car because the bus is making me depressed, but I'm getting annoyed by the whole process. I prefer to live in Harlem and have my own place but I want to have a steady job by then. Right now I'm working but its part time and I have no clue of what the future holds. So right now it's either I buy a car with the money i have or just say fukk it and continually save so I can have my own place. Weighing the costs, having a car is less on the pocket but I'd rather move out than have a car. The only thing that worries me is what if I have to move back home for some reason. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
if u have to choose between the two, car>apt....you'll spend WAY more money on the apt than the car

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
Don't move to an apartment with a part-time job until you have a full-time job lined up or have a large amount in savings to float on. That would be the worst thing you could do.

Daps
§ansprix™;633685 said:
Exactly. fukk the car, get a place. Parking in NY is a bytch, not to mention all the fukking rules. You have the whole city at the palm of your hands just a metro card away.

You guys realize NY isnt just Manhattan right? :snoop: I hate when people say this. Come to Queens and try to move around without a car and then tell me that. Subway is the only convenient transport in this city. The bus is slow as fukk ad takes a hour to get somehwere that would take 10 minutes by car.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You said Harlem

Which is manhattan

Having a car is the biggest thing halting financial growth. Throw payments, repairs, insurance etc in the bushes and get a bike

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I was originally looking to buy a car because the bus is making me depressed, but I'm getting annoyed by the whole process. I prefer to live in Harlem and have my own place but I want to have a steady job by then. Right now I'm working but its part time and I have no clue of what the future holds. So right now it's either I buy a car with the money i have or just say fukk it and continually save so I can have my own place. Weighing the costs, having a car is less on the pocket but I'd rather move out than have a car. The only thing that worries me is what if I have to move back home for some reason. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Keep doing what you doing now breh! no need to rush things! save up, wait for that steady job then proceed to get an apartment, then a car. But do not rush into anything right now breh! Just stack ya money up. The greatest freedom in the world is not mobility but financial freedom.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
priorities my friend.

Stay Put and Save Cash
Get an Apartment
Get yourself living NICE
Continue to live NICE
THEN POSSIBLY get a car.

If I ever move back to NYC (Which might happen next year), I wont be driving. WTF do I look like paying those crazy ass fees just to park my damn car? :wtf:

The sh1t is not even worth the hassle IMO, but then again I am all Manhattan...just the way it is.